MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris Goffey had a tour of the MINI plant at cowley. they actuallshowed a dark silver cooper s being built!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I only caught the very end of it also. It is repeated tonight (Monday) at 11p.m i believe for anyone who is interested

·
Registered
73 Posts
nanker said:
I only caught the very end of it also. It is repeated tonight (Monday) at 11p.m i believe for anyone who is interested
If this is repeated at 11pm, Chris will have developed 2 normally large lumps on his chest, lost his beard, and turned a little bit better looking. Europleasures is on at 11pm, I believe it will be between 9 and 10.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes. the visit to the Cowley factory was repeated tonight on ITV Digital M&M, at9.00pm. Thanks for the tip.
A body was shown on its side in a cradle, giving a good view of the underside. A deep inverted 'U' in the bottom, centre of the petrol tank was visible,(front to back) lined with an alloy heat shield, to allow the exhaust to pass through the 'U'. This seems to split the tank in 2, for 1/3 to 1/2 of it's, bottom half and could be why problems have been experienced when filling the tank, and with tank level gauge.
Last year, two friends competed in a local motor club ecconomy run in a Cooper and achieved very poor consumption. I don't remember the exact figure, but I think it was something like 15/20mpg. The tank was 'brimmed ' before and after the event, but at differnt pumps, at the same filling station. The car may not have been standing at the same 'level' before & after, and it was concluded that the tank was not full, but air locked at the start, but filled correctly at the end.

GeoffP

Waiting patiently for my second 'S'.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I saw it last night on M&M, what a place to work!!!!!!!
& they briefly showed that Dark Grey Cooper S being built, how cooooooooooooool :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts