MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the TV mute but had it on in the background. They were just going through the headlines as they were rounding things up, when a caption of the new Mini suddenly came appeared. By the time I had hit the mute button it was gone :(

Did anyone catch it?

cheers

LMB:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,

Yes, i too caught the end of that news bulletin and was curious.

My husband heard it and said it was about bringing car prices down in line with Europe. How many times we heard that one!

Anyway, the MINI isnt any cheaper over there is it?

Regards

lol

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
The feature was about a possible change in the law allowing dealers to sell various brands, and the possibilty of price coming into line with those in Europe. The MINI was shown a couple of times but wasn't mentioned. The reporter explained about cars being cheaper at 'supermarkets' and that manufacturers may loose control of the way there cars are sold. This sort of thing is shown about once a month, and still nothing ever happens !

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was down the pub, but...

If you read this week's autocar BMW have just announced price parity on the 7-series, i.e. across Eurozone (not the UK because we don't have Euros - yet!) that the prices will all be the same before tax, so BMW are no longer varying prices from country to country (tho specs differ thus prices will still be different at first glance but work out the same in the end once specced equally). other manufacturers are expected to follow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: I was down the pub, but...

JV said:
If you read this week's autocar BMW have just announced price parity on the 7-series, i.e. across Eurozone (not the UK because we don't have Euros - yet!) that the prices will all be the same before tax, so BMW are no longer varying prices from country to country (tho specs differ thus prices will still be different at first glance but work out the same in the end once specced equally). other manufacturers are expected to follow.
I thought the UK had Euro's too, we've just got some national pride and didn't jump to go euro's only like so many other countries!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Apparently we can take Euros in high tourism areas and dock towns, airport environs etc, can't say I understand the legality of it though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I heard some traders in London were taking them. One poor Finnish tourist discovered that he had just paid the equivalent of £45 for a copy of the Times!

Traders do not have to accept them if they don't want to, anymore than accepting dollars etc. If they do accept them then they can set their own exchange rate/commision. its a free market.

You wouldn't expect to pay for things in £ when abroad would you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts