MINI Cooper Forum banner

Did I Make a Mistake

563 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
I purchased a used 2013 Mini S 2 door hatchback chili red. One owner with 49K miles on the odometer. The overall condition was an 8 and the test drive was without faults. I paid $9100 USD and that was fair market value in the state of California. The only thing that needed correction were the front brakes and the dealership took care of it at no charge. Now that I own the vehicle I started researching what can go wrong and the list is endless. One thing I did do before purchasing the Mini was contacting the original owner and obtain prior service records. The owner and the service records showed that this car was mechanically sound.
So did I make a mistake or did I get a diamond in the ruff.

#3 ·
mini are no better or worse than most eu cars to be honest, a lot of damage gets done when they were new and first owner gets his/her monies worth or the fools thats dont check the oil etc, stick to 10k max oil filter changes a must, let in warm up for a few minutes before driving off and dont rev it past 2500 revs until up to running temps , use high octane fuel as well a good thing as well helps make the high pressure pumps last a bit longer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.