MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the chromeline interior for my car (which I just picked up yesterday!) and it seems like I'm missing some of it. I know I have everything that goes on the tach and cupholders and such, but there's no chrome on the speedo, hazard lights, brightness adjuster, or air conditioning vents, which I thought there was. Could someone please tell me all the peices of chrome I should have from the factory, because it seems like an awful lot of money for an awfully small amount of parts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the chrome line interior in my 2005 MCS and the ring around the sat nav is chrome (i.e. the same ring that would be around the center mounted speedo I suppose) as are the air vents, hazards knob, brightness knob, and the e-brake bits as well (and the rear seat cup holder too).

Sounds like there was a goof on your car. Are you sure that the dealer didn't forget to add the chrome line interior option to your spec and then installed the chrome bits after the car arrived? Did you get the window sticker with your car? If so, it should list the chrome line interior option on the list of included options if it was indeed installed at the factory. Either way, it sounds like something went wrong with your chrome package and I'd have a talk with your dealer. :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did u ask your dealer about this when u picked up the car? Chrome line interior should definitely include the other parts that you are missing.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
You should have chrome speedo, two vents in the center, hazard and dimmer button surrounds, ashtray/cupholder surrounds, gear gaiter surround, gear stick top and bottom (nobbly bits) rea cup holder surround, rev counter surround. I think that's it, unless i've missed something obvious.

Most of it is easy retrofit, although the speedo might mean taking the dash apart if you got a well glued in place one! (Pot luck).

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks Paul. Looks like I'm missing some peices, the dealer will have to take care of that.

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talked to the dealer today, got it all taken care of. They said that the factory did leave off peices and if necessary the dealer will actually send someone out to get my car and take it back to the dealer and bring it back to me if I wish (which I doubt I'll want as I'll want to drive it!). Top notch dealer though!

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I thought, too, that it was strange that they missed it. Or perhaps they figured I'd never know the difference, which I'm sure most people wouldn't, but me I WANT MY CHROME! Haha, I almost see it as a good thing, it just means more time in the MINI! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.