MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did'nt sadly no CooperS or me ginger syrup in the stocking this year. ;) ;) :)

So what did you all get for your MINI.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Got a beautiful 1:18 scale BRG MINI w/white top by Maisto.
That'll keep me inspired until the dealer calls. Imagine a 44 year old man gazing bleary eyed at a scale model car!
Happy Holidays to all and best wishes for the New Year.

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Full marks to BMW Australia. I received a note on Christmas Eve in the daytime from Australia Post, saying that I had a registered article that had to be picked up from the local post office.

My wife and I thought it was our normal gift from interstate, and we debated whether we should battle the Christmas Eve (horrible) shoppers. After taking 20 mins to find a parking spot at our shopping centre, I signed for my article and there was nothing on the box to indicate who it was from.

When I got back home I opened it up and there was a fantastically wrapped gift. Still no idea who from or what was inside it. Then I saw that there was a letter from BMW, and it was a lovely letter saying how they understood how difficult it was to wait for our Coopers to arrive.

Anyhow after debating whether to open it on Christmas Eve or wait until Christmas Day, I decided on the present, and gently unwrapped the mystery. This was seriously the most exciting Christmas present since my 12th birthday, as I had no idea what was inside.

Dispensing with the orange ribbon and stiff black paper, I (feeling like Lord Carnarvon in Tut's chamber) saw a black box that had an ingenious hinging arrangement that when executed delivered a 1:43 model of a Liquid Yellow (that's my colour!) Cooper.

This model now takes pride of place in my trophy cabinet with other Mini (not MINI) models and (Mini and MINI) memorabilia.

Thank you BMW. You made my Christmas very memorable indeed, and I showed it to all my family, as none of them knew what the new MINI looks like. They are all very impressed both with BMW and MINI. I just hope that I don't have to wait until next Christmas for the real thing.

:) :D :) :D :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Christmas present

Santa could not get mt mini cooper s down the chimley so I will have to wait unitll september and go and pick it up from my local dealer(if it arrives on time!!) I did get some clear rear lights for my mini one, so I can't wait to get it booked in this week to get them fitted. I also got a mini watch for myself which is cool. Merry christmas to everyone and I hope you all have a great 2002 and we can all have some cool mini adventures!!

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Got an autoglym pack from my girlfriend's parents if that counts...

And a video about mini and MINI

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I must have been a bad boy because I didnt get the ONE I wanted :( :D :D

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
I ended up with:

BRG/White Maisto MINI Model
MINI Cuckoo Clock
MINI T-shirt
and...

MINI radio controlled car... that thing is so much fun!

Cheers and festive beers,

Dom

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Got the Mini Cuckoo Clock

:) Yeah, really pretty clock. Can't belive the mom-in-law sprang for it.

:( But sadly, the cuckoo mini part does not work!

Time to see how the MINI stuff warranty service works.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
for the 'cuckoo' part to work, the clock has to be upright (as if hung on a wall)...

It also requires two extra batteries (making it 3 in total) which are in a compartment just below the single battery thing...

Hope this helps,

Dom

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Thanks Dom. But sadly, fresh batteries and a wall hanging still produced no little red mini. I can hear the mechanism go 'sproing':) at the correct time. Maybe as simple as a loose wire. Could it be that they used Lucas components?!?!?

May try and open it up tonight and take a peek under the 'bonnet'.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
i'd leave it broken mate, when the 'cuckoo' goes off in a tense part of a scary movie, it makes you sh*t yourself!!

Dom

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Dom said:
i'd leave it broken mate, when the 'cuckoo' goes off in a tense part of a scary movie, it makes you sh*t yourself!!

Dom
What a minute, wait a minute. The MINI 'cuckoo' clock has a light sensor so it won't go off in the dark and wake you up in the middle of the night. But if your cuckoo clock is going off during a scary movie, this means you are watching with the lights on???:p :p :p

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It's all gone cuckoo...

Dom said:
for the 'cuckoo' part to work, the clock has to be upright (as if hung on a wall)...

It also requires two extra batteries (making it 3 in total) which are in a compartment just below the single battery thing...

Hope this helps,

Dom
To all owners of cuckoo clocks:
Does the car mysteriously veer to the left when exiting the garage?

;)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Monsta

I got the MINI Video and the same DVD
Did you see that the new MINI has a square reflector on the inside of the door and the mirror/headlight switch are together in the middle?
and it has a chrome handle on the inside,and the strangest thing of all is the daft B*gg*rs have put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car.
such an obvious mistake you would think someone would have noticed before it left the factory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dom said:
I ended up with:

BRG/White Maisto MINI Model
MINI Cuckoo Clock
MINI T-shirt
and...

MINI radio controlled car... that thing is so much fun!

Cheers and festive beers,

Dom
Where was the radio controlled car from?????
did you ask?

I want, I want, I want,

what colour is it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts