MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this site and have just ordered a clubman diesel automatic .I was able to test drive a cooper auto but no diesel auto was available . This will be my fifth new mini so im well used to the brand but not the auto any thoughts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I went from a convertible S auto to a diesel auto clubman. It's a little slower (but the sports button helps with traffic light races), rumbles a little and feels more grown up more BMW.

Don't have any kids so I am not finding any major issues with the clubdoor yet, love the mood lighting, speedo and combined computer audio display and being able to steer my ipod. It has a boot which is still a novelty, and the rear doors are a constant source of amusement.

I don't miss the old car but i'm glad I owned it. The ride quality of the Clubman is so much better (non sports suspension) but not as chuckable definatley a bit of body roll if not over steer when cornering hard due to the longer wheelbase.

Squeezing 50 mpg on the motorway and 36 mpg in town on a commuter run compared to 35/22 before so it should pay for the changeover at the end of three years. I don't think I would swap it for a convertible at the moment so I must like it rather a lot!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Rhys,

Welcome to MINI2.

I've never even driven an auto D, because I'm wedded to manuals, but I can't think you'll have moment's regret with your choice as I certainly haven't with my manual Clubman D. ( And I'm happy to say that my fuel consumption is settling to better numbers than MyMini indicates above because I don't commute.)

What spec did you go for?

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
I love my Dooper auto! Effortless to drive when I'm lazy, and a real hoot when I put my foot down. I don't use the paddle shift very often, but it works great. The Ds mode is my favourite on the b-roads.

I didn't specify a Sport button, and it's my one regret.

I'm getting just under 50mpg on average, but I've only done 2500 miles. Once the engine has freed up a bit I'm sure that will improve on long runs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deisel auto

thanks everyone for your thoughts on the deisel auto . Now looking forward to taking delivery in april.Its going to be a chilli red and black with darked windows and bridge alloys and white lights. Inside Ive gone for Chilli leather bluetooth and wooden steering wheel.Looking forwaard to seeing what that is like.Ive also gone for auto climate .I hope the fan has been made alot quieter since my last mini in 2004

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Just heard the Dooper clubman auto is on its way to the dealer and will be ready for delivery next week.Not bad when it was ordered on March 6 th and ready for collection on March 27 th Has any else had such a quick order ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts