MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone please tell me why the area behind the gear stick in this photo (which I can't find in any of the brochures I have) is different to the one posted below.
(this one I prefer, but what do those buttons/switches do?)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This ones the only one i have seen in the flesh

This one's the only one shown in my brochures and in the cars I have seen. The buttons are for the mirror adjustment, as you will all no doubt be aware. The Cooper "S" photo's I've seen have the console as shown above.

Attachments

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Basil said:
Can someone please tell me why the area behind the gear stick in this photo (which I can't find in any of the brochures I have) is different to the one posted below.
(this one I prefer, but what do those buttons/switches do?)
Basil, that first picture is of a pre-production interior which made it's way into a lot of the early hand-built MINIs that did car show and promotional duty. I believe one of the switches adjusted the mirrors and the other was to adjust the height of the headlights.

The two switches and blanking plate were changed to the setup with the single switch (your second photo) once production started.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Different Center Console

BruceK said:

Basil, that first picture is of a pre-production interior which made it's way into a lot of the early hand-built MINIs that did car show and promotional duty. I believe one of the switches adjusted the mirrors and the other was to adjust the height of the headlights.

The two switches and blanking plate were changed to the setup with the single switch (your second photo) once production started.
Thanks for clearing that point up Bruce "the mini guru" K.

;) I think they got it right the first time !

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Basil said:
Finally, conclusive proof that these controls do exist and are for the seat heating controls......:rolleyes:
Basil, those aren't the same switches as shown on the top of this thread. The other ones were different shaped and were mirror adjustments and headlight level control switches.

Sure, the new heated seat controls are round and in the same area, but that is about it. :p Try again! :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BruceK said:

Basil, those aren't the same switches as shown on the top of this thread. The other ones were different shaped and were mirror adjustments and headlight level control switches.

Sure, the new heated seat controls are round and in the same area, but that is about it. :p Try again! :D
Amazing, I must have dreamt the first reply you put here :D

Your right, they arn't the same, but this picture is off a brand new cooper (and I will credit it's owner tomorrow) and it's really just to show where the differences now lie. Personaly I prefer the black surround to the slightly cheap looking silver ones on the the models without the heating controls.

The headlight controls were probably for the Xenons, but of course that has now been automated......

Oh well, can't blame a man for trying........:D

Geez, now its nearly 2.00am......... Arghhhhhh.......

night.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It does look like a very good spot for any accessories one might want... Someone has already put a starter button there.

I didn't opt for heated seats, but now I know there's a part you can order if you wanted the buttons. Or just drill 'yer own once the new-car-fear has lapsed.

They look awful neat, but I just can't see luxury features in a MINI. If the heater, wipers, and defroster actually work, that will be luxury enough for me. :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
noahe said:

... If the heater, wipers, and defroster actually work, that will be luxury enough for me. :)
nice to see someone who's easily pleased.

Im sure they will work most of the time.

:)

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
That pic is from a new cooper & it happens to be mine! :D Those are heated seat controls, press them once and they go to full power, again goes to half power and once more turns them off again. They are really nice actually! You suddenly think 'oh, wow!' as they kick in!

More photos on www.hellary.co.uk.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spanky2k said:
That pic is from a new cooper & it happens to be mine! :D Those are heated seat controls, press them once and they go to full power, again goes to half power and once more turns them off again. They are really nice actually! You suddenly think 'oh, wow!' as they kick in!

More photos on www.hellary.co.uk.
Thank you kind sir :) Your car is fantastic, and your photo's equally so. I hope you don't mind them being used for illustration purposes.

And thanks for clearing that up.

Huh Humm...... BruceK !!!!:D

·
MINI2 Crash Test Driver
1,386 Posts
No probs basil, anytime! Glad you like the pics & the car! :D

BTW, the only worry I have about the heated is seats is whether they'll give me piles!!! :eek: :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spanky2k said:
No probs basil, anytime! Glad you like the pics & the car! :D

BTW, the only worry I have about the heated is seats is whether they'll give me piles!!! :eek: :D :D :D
I did think about that, but was far too polite to mention it........:D

Just stay off the radiators and I'm sure you'll be fine.

ha ha

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Basil said:
..Huh Humm...... BruceK !!!!:D
Ummm...what? :confused: Missed your point on that one Basil.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BruceK said:

Ummm...what? :confused: Missed your point on that one Basil.
Don't worry Bruce. Just my strange sense of humour, and it's nearly 1.00am AGAIN!!!!!!..........

cheers

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I know what you mean about the radiators Basil........sitting on cold walls have the same effect too I believe!!:(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts