MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 R53 JCW on 75k in May this year for 6,000. It's got a good spec - alloys, full leather, tritec 210bhp super charged, sat nav. I paid £6,000. Someone rammed me yesterday and I'm expecting it's a write off. ***'s law but I can't find anything similar on Autotrader / Gumtree or this forum. What I'm gearing up for is proving its true market value. We all know what insurers are like - I'm expecting them to make me a silly offer. Any advice or tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I bought a 2006 R53 JCW on 75k in May this year for 6,000. It's got a good spec - alloys, full leather, tritec 210bhp super charged, sat nav. I paid £6,000. Someone rammed me yesterday and I'm expecting it's a write off. ***'s law but I can't find anything similar on Autotrader / Gumtree or this forum. What I'm gearing up for is proving its true market value. We all know what insurers are like - I'm expecting them to make me a silly offer. Any advice or tips?

Thanks
the insurance companies unless it was insured on a agreed value at point of taking out cover only pay out from a set of guide lines they all share between them based on values of similar cars being sold. try looking on ebay but would expect a battle with them. might make it up on the whiplash lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I gave them a value but I don't think that obliges them to pay me it. They'll use their Parker's guide or whatever. Ebay a good shout though, cheers.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
yeah I gave them a value but I don't think that obliges them to pay me it. They'll use their Parker's guide or whatever. Ebay a good shout though, cheers.
having good answers for their comebacks are good, get across the car was your baby and you spent a lot of time and money on it as it will become a future classic hence why you paid top buck for it etc, any evidence you can prove the car was more than a A to B car as such,
would also find cars that are cat d or have problems that are a lot cheaper, and explain yes there are cheaper cars around but all have issues and were worn out, where yours was a right car a right car that had taken months of searching for as you were thinking of the future when the value if kept right will start to increase as more and more fall off the roads etc, the fact you were hit and someone elses fault stands you in a good position from the bat, it might very well be going to court to explain your stance on the value they want to give and your value based on the future of the car you bought,, but and its a gamble if lose at court you could end up paying legal bill which could be more than the value of car,, but no insurance likes bad press or court rooms, but its a good move from the off to tell insurance company that have plenty of money and this is all amount them doing the right thing when working out the value of the car etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts