MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive looked in the classifieds and theres some cooper s springs for sale, i have standard one springs, can anyone tell me off hand what the difference is between them, i know its a firmer ride but are they actually or will they actually lower my mini one?

thanks in advance.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
ive looked in the classifieds and theres some cooper s springs for sale, i have standard one springs, can anyone tell me off hand what the difference is between them, i know its a firmer ride but are they actually or will they actually lower my mini one?

thanks in advance.
Im not sure if they will fit, I think all the spring cups are the same.

They wont lower a ONE From what I have seen anyway.

I have a ONE with 18's and it is lowered quite a bit on springs(soon to be coilovers) and my friend has a cooper S with 18's and is now lowered as well quite a bit.
His car standard was higher than mine standard with the 18's and same profile tyre.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts

thanks in advance.

It depends if the car has sports suspension or sport suspension plus. Sport suspension plus is meant to be 10-15mm lower but with the same shocks, I think!

But the age of Mini is more important as they changed the front suspension! What year is your car and the S springs?

You match them up on RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog

·
Registered
460 Posts
SS+ has different dampers and thicker anti roll bars to the 'sport' option on the cooper the stock one rides 8mm higher and has no anti roll bars and no mount points for them either on the rear wishbones

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies, im non the wiser but thanks anyways lol.

just saw them for sale on here and thought they might close the gap since having the new wheels put on,

mines a 2002 "one".

the springs for sale im not sure, id have to ask the seller.

but if they wont close the gap/drop it a bit i'll have to buy some that will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts