MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on MINI2 that the new 05 Minis were having a digital speedo fitted. on the On Board Computer. My Cooper S has the Chrono pack but no Digital Speedo. Is that Correct or will I have to get it loaded onto the Computer

Thanks Brett

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
not sure how the chrono pack affects this but on mine if you press the computer button repeatedly it goes through all the options available until you get to the one you want to display - speed/avg speed/consumption/avg consumption/range/temperature. these display in the lcd window on the rev counter

·
MINI Geek
515 Posts
You don't really need a digi read out since the Speedo will be infront of you (due to the Chrono pack option). The digi read out is for when the Speedo is in the center of the dash, thus a little readout on your tach by pressing the button on the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If you get Chrono Pack (or Navigation), you will not have the digital speed readout at the bottom of the tach face. The reason is because the speedometer is already right there in front of you.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
off topic, but does any one have a photo of the digital speedo in the Tacho.

Thanks

PS Brett, don't think they can fit the readout in the LCD as they are pushed for room down there, and as other's have said it would ber harder to read that the speedo sitting next to it. :)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good points but, it is another thing I could have shown my mates the other day. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts