Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 04 HB/W JCW w/o aero kit / LSD!!!!!! / dread wait

Votes: 8 80.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MINI no more
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I was at my local MINI dealership and now I have a MAJOR dilemma! There are 2 choices, they are as follows:

[1] 04 PW/W CooperS - 5700km
-JCW engine kit ($8200!!!)
-Aero kit ($3600!!!)
-driving lights ($790!!!!!!)
-sport w/ the dunlop sp sport 9000s
-premium
-fog lights
-black bonnet strips
-HK
-leather
-on board computer
List price - $53k
My cost, because my family has bought 5 BMWs from the same dealership is estimated at $48k
$631/month

------or------

05 CooperS for Feb/Mar production
(my options)
HB/W w/ blue leather
-premium
-LSD
-white bonnet strips
-interior body color trim
-HK
-front/rear fog lights
-chrome line interior
I will get the JCW tuning kit ---->$8200
which would sum it up to around $42-$43k
$582/month

Payments are what matters to me most, both at on a finance with $5k down @ 5.5%. With a balloon payment of I can't remember at this moment. Both are a 60 month term. Now the real question is, is the wait and LSD really worth it? Or should I go with the 1st option that is $50 more a month, but it has the aero kit, driving lights and sport, BUT not my color combo that I want. I know that I probably can get the PW/W works car down to $45k, but you have to remember that it is an 04, not with my color combo that I want (althought it does looker really good), the dreaded wait!, $50 more a month, aero kit+driving lights, NO LSD! That is what is the real killer.

I have driven both, and personally, I can't really tell the difference between the 04 and 05 tranny. The JCW car was really fun, and the 05 CooperS was fun too. I will be going back on friday to drive them again, and maybe put my order down!

Ack! This LSD and color combo thing is really killing me!

Edit: I just realized that the PW/W JCW car had the wheel arches painted, what if I want it like how it should be? Do I need the original plastic wheel arches?

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
zerofighter said:
Payments are what matters to me most, both at on a finance with $5k down @ 5.5%. With a balloon payment of I can't remember at this moment. Both are a 60 month term. Now the real question is, is the wait and LSD really worth it? Or should I go with the 1st option that is $50 more a month, but it has the aero kit, driving lights and sport, BUT not my color combo that I want. I know that I probably can get the PW/W works car down to $45k, but you have to remember that it is an 04, not with my color combo that I want (althought it does looker really good), the dreaded wait!, $50 more a month, aero kit+driving lights, NO LSD! That is what is the real killer.
Re-read this paragraph. I think you answered yourself. Stick out the wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.