MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Speed Racer
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dinan is largely considered the last word in BMW performance. Naturally they've honed in on the MINI market. I recently ordered a '05 MCS and have been researching performance mods. I have to say I really like the Signature Series Dinan S1 package (although I think they have it priced wrong--it's referred to as "under $1300" elsewhere on the website). In any case, their high flow cowl induction appears the best in market for multiple reasons and their software is supreme as I can attest to from Bimmers. Does anyone have first hand experience with any Dinan component on their MINI S? I'd gladly take one of each of their offerings including the high flow throttle body and the soon to be released rear sway bar.

Here's the link: http://www.dinanbmw.com/

Also, does the '05 MINI S have a stock rear sway bar?

Cheers!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Dinan was quite late getting into the MINI tuning market ... their kit with a reduction pulley still isn't available.

I like the Dinan air intake, but it is not yet CARB approved and the "trick" JCW intake is the only one warranted by MINI.

Lot's of threads on Dinan ...

:search: ALL forum titles for dinan yields:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/search.php?searchid=825120

The MCS stock rear sway bar is 17mm.

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
For the '05 MCS, software upgrades are not yet available. So timeframe when that will be completed.
The exhaust system is currently being worked on if there are changes from the '04 MY to the '05 MY.
The reduced pulley is in its final stages of development, and we are told that it may (will?) come out around the holiday (Dec) season. Along with the next upgraded package (S2?).

Check on the links that MINIAC provided. They are a good history of what has been already covered!

I cannot wait for the pulley to arrive! Wait, I need the MINI first????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts