MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a solution for how dirty the back end of the car gets in winter weather? would mud flaps help? is it an aerodynamic issue - what is the fix?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a convertible and in winter I resign myself to the fact that it is like driving a van. I do keep a bottle of water and some kitchen towel in the boot and clear the window occasionally but as soon as I am on a damp road again it is filthy in minutes.

At least with the hatch you have the the rear wiper to give you a bit of visibility.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's the same problem most hatchbacks and station wagons have, can't do anything about it, so you just have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Does anyone have a solution for how dirty the back end of the car gets in winter weather? would mud flaps help? is it an aerodynamic issue - what is the fix?
The easiest way to keep it clean is to clay bar the rear of the car (if your not to concerned with the rest) and if your worried about swirls or scratches, polish them out with a mild polish, then give it a good coat of wax or synthetic sealant. If your not to concerned about swirls etc, just wax after you have clay bared the car.

The sealant will help prevent dirt and contaminants sticking to the paintwork and make it easier to wash off. Don't forget, use the two bucket method when you wash the car.

Also consider a pre wash product like Snow foam (not sure what its called outside of Australia) as the foam drags the dirt off as it drips off the car and makes washing a lot easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soon going to be picking up my Clubman Cooper S, having come here for my first read of the forum, its reminded me a thread relating a previous car - "show us your dirty bum", photos showing just how filthy your cars can get. I look forward to keeping a slab-sided rear end clean again over winter!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've noticed this with mine !
I've been wiping the rear windows every morning before setting off as vision is seriously reduced specially with dark mornings and fog etc!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good habit to get into....clean em all and you get a Blue Peter Badge.seriously tho it is a good habit.....
And your number plates as well...cops are pulling drivers in around our way and ticketing them ....BEWARE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts