MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never driven a car which gets dirty windows INSIDE as quickly as the MINI! Today, one slide of the window down and back up caused the inside of the window to rise up greasy and dirty again.

My car isnt especially dirty on the outside (although its not clean either!).

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

(the reason the window was down was to transport a 9ft long christmas tree!)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I get the same.

Done 2,500 and it still does it.

Heard someone say it was some sort of grease or wax inside the doors!

Dave

·
Registered
577 Posts
I read where BMW pours wax into parts of the car to prevent water from collecting and causing rust. It is possible they used too much and this is what it getting on the windows, or it could be lubricant on the rubber parts or window assembly to prevent squeaks. It should go away over time, but if not, then the door panel may have to be pulled and the excess grease/wax cleaned out.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've inspected it and i dont think its grease - it really does look like dirt from the outside getting on the inside - its easily clearable with my sleeve... just annoying, thats all!

Now.... how to get 5000 pine needles out of a MINI carpet?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Now.... how to get 5000 pine needles out of a MINI carpet? [/B][/QUOTE]

Use a Dyson hoover :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
smiffy said:
Now.... how to get 5000 pine needles out of a MINI carpet?
Use a Dyson hoover :D :D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

shhhhhhhhhh....(three words in a whispered voice)

copyright, trademarks, basil!!!! :D :D :D

Happy Christmas & see ya on the southbound M6 tomorrow

kjs

·
Registered
546 Posts
Waxy, oily window stuff

baldie said:

Heard someone say it was some sort of grease or wax inside the doors!

Dave
Picked mine up a couple of days ago and at first thought the the drivers side door glass was scratched or scored close to the A post - right where you look into the door mirror. Closer examination showed a waxy, oily sort of streaky film both inside and outside. Seems to be mostly on the driver's side.

Perhaps it's a BMW design feature intended to stop other people seeing the permanent stupid grin on the driver's face?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We've had this problem with Boswell - after wiping away a few times it seems to have cleared up - also bought some window clearer - but not used yet.
Hope that helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts