MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
funny you should ask, i was actually going to start a new thread tonight looking for the dirtiest mini after I did 250-odd miles today on the filthiest roads ever. Havent got a pic to post, think it's too dark (although I shall remove myself presently from my computer chair and investigate) but I will do before I wash the mucky min. Let's see if anyone can beat me- everyone (myself included) is dying to show off their sparkling, beautiful pride and joy, but what about the other extreme???

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
okay guys, these pics don't actually do justice to how disgusting my baby is- unfortunately the flash brings up the number plate- in reality, it's completely black, no plate invisible. Will post more in daylight ( how very sad am I?!?), let's just hope the peelers don't get to me first!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I picked my brand new and very shiny MCS up on Saturday and had to drive it home from the dealer, 60 miles of excellent but very bogging country roads (great drive home btw), and i literally could not see out the back window on several occasions, it amazed me just how quick the dirt reappeared on the rear screen! Needless to say the car was far from fit for first day pics when i arrived home.

Why does it get so damn dirty at the back, though as someone said earlier in the post, the roof remains sparkling?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Can I suggest - if you want to get your cars really dirty - that you come and visit Herefordshire?

There's still plenty of mud on the roads left over from harvesting a variety of root crops, while the film of road-salt has built up nicely.

You too can have matt gun-metal finished wheels, charcoal rear panels, grey front panels/lights/bonnets/windscreens/mirror caps, all with fetching grey-brown bow-waves down the sides...

·
Sugardaddy
221 Posts
I have to say I was VERY disappointed on this, I bought a B/B MINI Cooper S, 2days later and around maybe 100km it was not just dirty, but so dirty I had to was the registrationplate so the cops wouldnt pull me over.

This sure aint fun, how can I enjoy the lovely exterior if its gonna be dirty all the time. :cry:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've seen some SUVs with a wind deflector on the roof, diverting the airflow over the back surfaces and keep them cleaner. Maybe someone will come up with one.

I thought the white wheels looked great but I knew it would be just like keeping a black car...a washing every day. The best solution is changing out the pads as someone here did. Do a search for Mintex.

Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know how on earth I'm going to keep mine clean this winter on sanded/salted New England roads. We had our first drive home in the snow last night, and it was great, but the car is FILTHY today, and it's too cold to wash it.

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Mine gets pretty bad, even though silver hides the dirt well - but them Im picky, and even the smallest amount of dirt annoys me :p

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
This is totally inherent to the "hatchback!"

Being that my MCS is my fifth "hatchback" (first 4 were Honda Civic Si), the rear section ALWAYS retains the dirt/dust! When I back my MCS in, and I am feeling spunky, I take 2 min and wipe down the rear section for fun! The front, top and sides can usually make it until the next weekend, barring bad weather conditions!

But, yes, with a hatchback, expect the rear part to get dirty!

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Its not just the hatch that does it, I think its the lack of rear over hang beyond the rear wheels that causes the most much to be thrown up and into the vortex behind the car.

I did around 1000 miles in the last 3 days on Britains filthy winter roads. The number plate was completly obscured, and the Elctric Blue rear end was charcol grey in colour. You couldn't even see the viper stripes!!!

Threw a wet sponge over it yesterday to stay legal - theres no point being rear ended just because the car is black with muck.

Funny thing is, since I crashed my car, I'm using my wifes car, and she thinks I'm making it mucky on purpose.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts