MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm off on holiday for 2 months and want to prevent the battery on my Clubman D going flat whilst I'm away. I have a secure garage so am not concerned from the security side of things.
I'm going to take the car for a good 50-100 mile run before I leave, but is there a super low battery consumption mode that I can leave it in. I hear that 2 presses of the lock button disables the motion sensor. Is using the key better? Or is there another setting I can use.
I prefer not to disconnect the battery.
Thanks!

·
MINI ridin!
37 Posts
if you have your own garage, i think a trickle charger may be what you are looking for. it jus keeps basically keeps feeding the battery juice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm not sure if charging the battery while the alarm is on will set it off. Alot of alarm monitor the 12v.

You could try locking the door using the key, as that shouldn't turn the alarm on.

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I use a trickle charger on my Boxster in winter and the alarm is unaffected. A CTEK charger is very good. An ordinary charger will ruin the battery as they are not intended for use over extended periods

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I think best is just to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery!
This is a bad idea because batteries left unused deteriorate irreversibly. They need to be subject to some kind of activity. This is why battery conditioners such as CTEK are widely used on vehicles that are laid up for a period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts