MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the MCS rolling roaded, stock with an Alta intake and Cat back exhaust, mad 159bhp and 161lbft of torque. was hoping for me, I think it was due to them running the car with the bonnet open, and therefore the Alta getting some of the latent heat (that it wouldn't get normally) and the IC not being as efficient with the fan not pointing at it.

Anyone any thoughts ???

Graphs are nice and linear though :)

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
LordNikon said:
Just had the MCS rolling roaded, stock with an Alta intake and Cat back exhaust, mad 159bhp and 161lbft of torque. was hoping for me, I think it was due to them running the car with the bonnet open, and therefore the Alta getting some of the latent heat (that it wouldn't get normally) and the IC not being as efficient with the fan not pointing at it.

Anyone any thoughts ???

Graphs are nice and linear though :)
u maybe forgetting the drivetrain loss... 11% in the mini.. so read 163hp from the factory turns to about 145-147hp on the wheels... sounds normal to me if it's just intake and exhaust at the wheel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.