MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my valvetronic actuator motor is fecked causing running problems, the dealer I got the car from will order a new one for me and then send it to me so i can fit it, its gona be a week or more before it turns up so Ive disconnected the power supply to the motor so the car runs much better for now. does anyone know if their will be a problem running with it disconnected for a week ? if its connected it runs crap and sometimes won't start.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
would not run with no motor working effects fueling badly, also car will learn the unplugged state and adaptions will be screwed with, i had one a little while ago that motor had a dead spot and when stopped would not pull valves back in and piston came up hit valve and shoved the cam follower post through the rocker cover

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would not run with no motor working effects fueling badly, also car will learn the unplugged state and adaptions will be screwed with, i had one a little while ago that motor had a dead spot and when stopped would not pull valves back in and piston came up hit valve and shoved the cam follower post through the rocker cover

thanks Mike, problem is I really need the car ATM !!!! just short'ish runs at low speeds. when its plugged in and the rev's are up around 4000rpm or more the valves open but they don't seem to close at low rev's and it becomes crap to drive, the other day when I got back into slow traffic it had a real bad hesitation and pinking very loud !!!!! I had to wind the 4mm allen screw on the motor to close them. my thinking was its safer for the engine with it unplugged than driving it with valves left open!!!! ive noticed the fuel economy has dropped a little on the LCD screen though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would it stop the noises or hurt anything? Can they be replaced without taking the timing covers off? I'm about to do a complete gasket overhaul and could do this at the same time? I should have looked when I did the tensioners but didn't. Thanks.

Real Estate Promoters in Thanjavur
what noises ? this unit sits at the back of the head on the right hand side as you look at the engine. its held in with 3 bolts, when removing you have to turn the 4mm allen bolt on the end of the unit as you pull it out of the head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts