MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long before BMW start to discount the Mini due to falling sales . Its gonna have to happen ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Dont hold your breath - mini sales hve been holding uop ok as people downsize

My local dealer exceeded its target for September

If it gets reAL BAD THEY CUT PRODUCTION RUNS AS MOST MINIS MADE TO ORDER

opps caps lock on

·
Registered
242 Posts
Even if they do start to discount, I doubt it will be very much. I think I'm one of many people downsizing from bigger to smaller, more economical cars. Speaking to my local dealer, they have been extremely busy of late getting customers into their new factory JCWs and Doopers. Given that Mini and the motoring press have been highlighting the Dooper's economy, the fact that it will sit in a very low road tax bracket and Minis excellent residuals (so far), I don't think Mini are as worried as the likes of Land Rover, Porsche, Mercedes etc etc.

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
No point in building cars for stock with the market as it is, so as things stand you wont be getting a fully loaded JCW with an 8K discount.

Honda on the other hand are happy to shift S2000's with an 8k off list price and immediate delivery this very week. Thats a bit of a bargain until you want sell in 2 years or so.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Honda on the other hand are happy to shift S2000's with an 8k off list price and immediate delivery this very week. Thats a bit of a bargain until you want sell in 2 years or so.
£20k for an S2000 is a bargain even if it's only worth £10k in a few years time.
That is some serious bang for buck :eek: :eek:

Why did I buy a TT with a bargain like this around... :rolleyes::p

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
My own local dealer was telling me how well sales were holding up, but then there were quite a few new MINIs available from stock with "Deposit Contribution Available" banners on their windscreens :rolleyes: ;)

I've also been receiving emails advertising £250 worth of free fuel with a new MINI.

I'd expect all sorts of discounts and promotions before long, especially with hotting competition in the premium small car market....

Tigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts