MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've just taken ownership of mini cooper s convertible 2005 but sadly already face issues. The garage we bought from managed to disable original radio and in their infinite wisdom replaced unit with cheapo jvc cd radio. Great. But now steering column controls don't work and parking sensors not sounding: (
We bought a kit to get all working but company supplied wrong one. We were sent connects2 ctsbm009.2 at £69.99. Connectors didnt fit so this has to be returned.
I've been told we now need ctsbm003 at £20 which will solve steering wheel controls but not sensors. Apparently they are a separate issue. Any advice? Where does sound come from if not radio related? Pls pls help. Got lovely mini but need all working.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Hi. I've just taken ownership of mini cooper s convertible 2005 but sadly already face issues. The garage we bought from managed to disable original radio and in their infinite wisdom replaced unit with cheapo jvc cd radio. Great. But now steering column controls don't work and parking sensors not sounding: (
We bought a kit to get all working but company supplied wrong one. We were sent connects2 ctsbm009.2 at £69.99. Connectors didnt fit so this has to be returned.
I've been told we now need ctsbm003 at £20 which will solve steering wheel controls but not sensors. Apparently they are a separate issue. Any advice? Where does sound come from if not radio related? Pls pls help. Got lovely mini but need all working.
parking sensors work by ultra sonic a bit like a dolphin sends out clicks and receives the clicks back and works out how far or close something in its path is,
easiest may to find which sensor or sensors are faulty is by putting ear up to the sensors the ones that work will click and ones that dont work will either have no clicks or faint clicks,, below link for sensor
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-R50-R52-R53-PDC-PARKING-AID-SENSOR-ULTRASONIC-FRONT-REAR-66206989068/322545952519?hash=item4b193ca707:g:FbkAAOSwvjdZTOe9

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't hear clicks from any: (
In mini 2005… where will sound come from? The radio speakers or other?
Would changing radio have affected sensors or unrelated

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Think Mike means listen to each sensor, in the bumper. Put your ear up really close. Are your sensors factory fit? If so the warning beeps for the driver may well be supposed to come from the cars speakers. Throuigh then audio head unit. So with an aftermarket head unit it probably won't work. Sorry for being a bit vague, but I have after market ones fitted and they have their own 'beeper' unit which I've mounted in the boot.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I can't hear clicks from any: (
In mini 2005… where will sound come from? The radio speakers or other?
Would changing radio have affected sensors or unrelated
parking sensors are controlled by ecu it should have a independent bleeper in the dash somewhere link below is what the ecu looks like
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Mini-One-Cooper-S-Parking-Sensor-ECU-Part-66219116543-R50-R52-R53/332519133581?hash=item4d6baf518d:g:rtEAAOSwNmVagxhq

as i try'd to explain before the outside sensors are most common to fail when they do you get no bleeping sounds inside the car, the bmw x3 has same sort of system when one sensors fails on that you will get one bleep when engage reverse gear,, without diagnostics software to read the system you will never find the problem unless like i sad before on how to check if its the bumper sensors them selves at fault,

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
My aftermarket makes one beep when you engage reverse, to show it is working. If one or more of the four sensors is not working, it emits a long constant buzz. Sounds a more sensible arrangement?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts