MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

Just having a slightly confused, panicky moment looking at car seat/ travel system brochures and thought I'd turn to you guys and gals for help. I know these questions have probably been asked before but my brain can't cope at the moment......

What is isofix? I have a slight disagreement with Mr K about whether my 03 MCS will have this or not, - I think it was an option I would have ignored when speccing the car.

Can you actually get baby seats into the back of the car and fasten them securely? - they loook a bit fiddly and I'm worried that I won't be able to get one in. Can anyone recommend any that go particularly well in minis?

Does anyone make wheels/prams/pushchairs/whatever they are called that will fit into the boot of a mini? And can you fit the rest of the stuff you have to carry around in at the same time?

That's today's list of questions, I'm sure that there will be more soon though....

Thanks for your help
Cheers
K.

PS how do you change nappies (diapers)............ ? :eek:

·
Registered
221 Posts
yes you can trust me

I have a 9 month baby and she loves to go on my MCS, we travel for weekends to a place 1hr30 and it fits everything you need, not taking to many things almost all the trunk and left back seat is occupied by baby stuff.

My MCS is not fitted with isofix or lach system, but my baby seat works with normal seat belt and also with the others systems mentioned.

The MCS is not the perfect car for traveling with your small baby but after a few months there is no problem.

Its easier to travel on a minivan that is for shure, but If you like to drive your mini you can Fit your baby with the child seat.

Cheers.

Ricardo

·
Registered
402 Posts
my mum owns a baby shop

the first place to look is www.britax.co.uk and the fitfinder logo this will tell you whicj off there carseats fit the mini as britax are nown as the best and safest in the industry try these first they have plenty of awards from safty assosiations to prove this there is also info on the isofix
if you need anymore help just post or pm me

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hi Kez

there are a number of car seats that will fit your MINI without Isofix. Best advice here, is to go to your local store and try them in the car, if you are using two cars, say the MINI and Mr Kez's car, then you need to test in both. Don't always follow fit guides, these can be incorrect, thats why we don't offer one, and there can be variances between cars, say if one side of the rear seat is used more than the other, the foam wil compress.

Isofix is a 'universal' :rolleyes: secure fixing system, the only thing is it varies from manufacturer and not all seats fit all all cars:rolleyes:

Ok as for buggies, there are a number of things on the market that will fit in the boot of a MINI, from the M&P Aria, Quinny Zapp, Graco CitiSport, Silver Cross Compact (will put some pics of this as that is who I work for), and number of these are also car seat compatible too. But, althought the travel system is convenient for mother and father, it is not recommended to have your baby in the car seat for more than 2 hours at a time as it is not good for the development of the babies back to not lie flat.

I hope this helps, there are a number of posts in this forum that parents have discussed their products and how they have got on with it, the best advice is buying a pushchair and car seat is as hard as choosing the right car. You need to try it out, have a go at folding it, not just watch the shop girl do it, try it in the car, try lifting it and pushing it etc.. You are spending a lot of money and you need to get it right for you and your baby:)

Oh and Congrats Kev, if you need any more advise, just ask;)

Attachments

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
boothy said:
the first place to look is www.britax.co.uk and the fitfinder logo this will tell you whicj off there carseats fit the mini as britax are nown as the best and safest in the industry try these first they have plenty of awards from safty assosiations to prove this there is also info on the isofix
if you need anymore help just post or pm me
which Shop is that Boothy? I might know it:)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Well, seeing that they have recently fit 21 full-sized adults in a MINI during a publicity stunt, I am betting you could get at least 45 infants in one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Max said:
Congrats Kez :D :D - I thought you looked particularly glowing at the last run ;) :D :D

Max :D :red:
Thanks Max :) - I thought I looked awful that day, I'd been very sick that morning :( which was why Mr K was driving.

K. x

PS the mystery illness I told you about when I had to miss Stockbridge was morning sickness!!!!!

·
Its not me - Its you
3,165 Posts
here's a tip for you.

particularly when the baby is facing backwards (first 6 months or so) you will find it difficult to open the doors, lean in the back, over the top of the baby capsule. very crammed.

So do what we did. open the hatch and drop the bub in from the back. dead simple.

It's great fun after shopping. Bear in mind that your stroller takes up the entire boot, so your shopping goes in the back seat. People will see you open the boot to put the baby in and then open the door to fill the back seat with shopping. Guarantee some strange looks!

cheers and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.