MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have got 3 problems with my Mini Convertible (roof, gearbox, alarm sensors). I went to one dealership (Odiham) and was told to go back to where I purchased it from to get the warranty sorted – not really the case, but I did not have time to chat with the man.

I went back to my dealer as I was close by. I was going to be out of the country for a one week, then back for a week, then out for week (work related) – so told them to check everything the first week I am out – then fix it the second week I am out. Nice 'n' easy I thought.......

So the first week they did nothing apart from speak to BMW. Had trouble getting my car back as they were not expecting me to pick it up on a Sunday. Then heard nothing, by this time out of the country again……chased them on my return – then they said what were the problems again……Then they said a man from BMW will call you in a week…..still nothing.

Then BMW called me to survey me on my service from the BMW dealer and I let rip….OK so its now nearly 5 weeks and no closer to anything.

So not wanting to shame any dealership in the Portsmouth region, has anyone had such poor customer service from them and should I take my car somewhere else to get it sorted? What has been your experience of warranty claims via BMW – just getting hacked off now.

Sorry to spam you.

Cheers
Martin

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Errrrrrrr....it depends on the dealer...

I could name and shame a certain "network" of dealers, some my experience, some my GFs and other friends.

I can highly recommend 2 dealers though, Derek Woodman in Blackpool, and Bowker in Preston.

Theyre the only dealers I'll take my car to now.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
As far as corporate treatment, I am not sure, but at my dealership it's a whole different story from BMW to MINI. MINI is more relaxed and "hippie-like" than the still relaxed, but more upscale and "hospital-like" atmosphere of the BMW showroom. Whereas the MINI MAs are just there as facilitators it feels (perhaps because they are #2 in the U.S. = BUSY), my BMW guys are really solid, very trustworthy, and seem to be in it for the "life of the customers." They want repeat sales. Plus, they are "car" guys. Some of the MINI MAs (not mine) seem like they might not even have heard of MINI before they were hired.....yikes... :(

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
Just repay the favour by doing a massive burn up in their car park in front of plenty of potential BMW owners.

That'll get their attention :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
As with most makes, I reckon it depends on the dealer - obvious answer really!

However, my own experience would indicate that neither BMW or the local Mini dealer are anything but good. My car has been collected for adjustments to the roof (to stop it rattling), which was successful, and it going in next week for a new glovebox lock - when they had it in last time, they even polished out a mark on the passengers door where someone had knocked it - all free of charge.

My other experiences with brands/dealers has been with Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo and Lexus. Although the BMW/Mini relationship isn't quite up to Jaguar/Lexus levels of care and attention, it's not far off and so far I'm very happy! Having said that, I'm sure there are some dealers out there who are not as good as others - if you feel your dealer isn't meeting your expectations, then go elsewhere - when you find a good one, you'll be glad you did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts