MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from Basingstoke this afternoon.

Was passed by a lovely Red Covertible with Black Stripes. The person driving it gave the most enthusiastic wave I ever seen - surprised they stayed on the road.

Due to the weather we both had our roof up :(, but it's meant to be lovely tomorrow :)

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Its probably just the uniqueness. Back when there were only a handful of MINIs on the road, everyone waved, because they all understood the point. To have a convertible now, you ordered months ago, were on a waiting list for months before, so you really wanted the car. You have that connection now.

Unfortunately, they'll probably stop waving so fanatically once there's more on the road, but enjoy it while it lasts.

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
I think they do.

I was in mine on the M6 going to Cumbria and this yellow and black MCC drove down the side of me and start beeping his horn and waving... :D

·
Nichola
121 Posts
WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That answer your question, today was a lovely day and i had my top down (of the car) and day off work, only picked her up on Saturday and ive lived in her every since.... Woo Hoo

Nichola :p

·
Mellow Yellow
370 Posts
If you think convertible owners are obsessive ( which we are ) you should see 2 LY minis pass each other, I'm suprised we stay on the road there is so much arm waving going on:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh the joys of being unique:cool: :cool:

·
Northern Monkey!!!!!!!!!!
456 Posts
We have to wave harder this time of year to stop our hands freezing off!:D

·
kltpzyxm
112 Posts
mini owners here in Los Angeles dont wave at all :( I could count on one hand the number of waves i've had returned and i've all but never had anyone wave at me first (though I probably never let anyone get the chance to wave first :))

·
456 Posts
I agree about the lack of waving but I am going to start waving more often and see what the response is like :D

·
456 Posts
Not sure about that but I know there are loads of them. I have only just moved back down here this week and sadly without the MINI which is still in Leeds - no one seems to wave up there either :rolleyes:
We'll have to educate them :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.