MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a pair of brand new Aero sideskirts for £270 incl P&P and the fixing kit?

Not sure if I want them as I'm not sure if its a good deal. What do you think?

If I wont get them I could recommend them to someone else?

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'd personally go for it myself if I had that offer, that is if they are the right colour of course! It is normally over £400 for aero skirts, including new replacement sills as well, thats with a mini2 sponsor.;)

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well its going to cost £100 extra to get them painted and as you say the sills will to be bought.

Unless, will the originals be transferable???

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah well its going to cost £100 extra to get them painted and as you say the sills will to be bought.

Unless, will the originals be transferable???
They could be transfered as long as you don't bend them out of shape too much when you take them off. Also consider that it can take up to 6 weeks to get skirts delivered in so you'll also be saving yourself a lot of time.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They could be transfered as long as you don't bend them out of shape too much when you take them off. Also consider that it can take up to 6 weeks to get skirts delivered in so you'll also be saving yourself a lot of time.

Thanks! Do you know how the sill plates are attached??

Thats a good point about the time issue, I had forgotten that. Thanks for your help hoojkel!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Thanks! Do you know how the sill plates are attached??

Thats a good point about the time issue, I had forgotten that. Thanks for your help hoojkel!!:biggrin:
Sticky backs. may as well get the JCW Sill protectors as only 35 quid.

Personally for 270 not painted i would leave them. You can buy a whole aero kit for 580 from minisport and thats painted if they have your colour. Fit it yourself like i did and should take no more than about 3-4 hours to do it properly.

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sticky backs. may as well get the JCW Sill protectors as only 35 quid.

Personally for 270 not painted i would leave them. You can buy a whole aero kit for 580 from minisport and thats painted if they have your colour. Fit it yourself like i did and should take no more than about 3-4 hours to do it properly.
Yeah I had thought about that but the only problem is that I already have the front and rear bumper. Rear bumper is already on but I am just about to get the front bumper painted...but if I get the skirts I may aswell get them painted together?

That was my big problem as everywhere that sells skirts on their own charge an absolute fortune!!!

I had already thought about the jcw sill protectors!!! Great minds think alike!!!!!

Whare can you get them for £35???

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well I'm now £270 lighter and MiniMatt is £270 better off!!!

I asked if there was any flexibility on price and he just laughed and said they were already a bargain so no! Cant blame me for trying though!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
well I'm now £270 lighter and MiniMatt is £270 better off!!!

I asked if there was any flexibility on price and he just laughed and said they were already a bargain so no! Cant blame me for trying though!!!
Not that this really helps you now but... These are only £280 inc vat a pair in primer from BMW so no saving really? If they were the correct colour then I guess it would be a good deal for someone as they are £400 inc vat painted from BMW...

You can also get them here for £260:

M Style Mini - Body Styling Kits and Accessories

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not that this really helps you now but... These are only £280 inc vat a pair in primer from BMW so no saving really? If they were the correct colour then I guess it would be a good deal for someone as they are £400 inc vat painted from BMW...

You can also get them here for £260:

M Style Mini - Body Styling Kits and Accessories

Oh B*****s, I tried to do as much research as I could so I guess I could of saved myself £10!

But your right about them being a bargain if they were painted. Least its not a huge amount of money. Now If I had paid £400 for the wrong colour then I would be a mug!!!!! HAHAHA;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts