MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do MINI owners collect models?

• Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 100 models)!

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 500 models)!

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 1000 models)!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm starting my collection (I have less than 100)!

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I only collect MINI models.

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I only keep my childhood models but don't buy models anymore.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don't collect models!

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, how many of us, MINI owners, collect car models.

I've been collecting them since I was a boy. It all started back in the 60s with Matchbox and Corgi Toys models (my favourite model was the Green Hornet's "Black Beauty" (Corgi Toys)!). My parents say that I wanted nothing but toy cars when I was a boy!...Now, as a grown man, I'm still the same! ;)

I still collect models, mostly 1:43s, and I have and cherish most of my old Corgis and Matchbox models...including Corgi Toy's "Black Beauty"! :)

:yellow:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I can't post my vote as my option isnt there...

...I have about 50 1/18 models that I've been collecting since I was about 12 (not almost 25) so I'd hardly say I was just starting.

They're all in boxes at mo :( In fact they have been since I moved house 2 years ago. Not gt anywhere to put them in new house yet :(

Think Im going to start collecting the 1/43 from now on.

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damo said:
I can't post my vote as my option isnt there...

...I have about 50 1/18 models that I've been collecting since I was about 12 (not almost 25) so I'd hardly say I was just starting.

They're all in boxes at mo :( In fact they have been since I moved house 2 years ago. Not gt anywhere to put them in new house yet :(

Think Im going to start collecting the 1/43 from now on.
Well, maybe I should have added another option there! Sorry! :( But, even if you're not starting your collection, maybe you could opt for the 4th poll option. It's pretty close. Isn't it? :)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Less than a hundred for me. I havent purchased one for quite a few years now.

Mainly collected limited edition stuff, or hard-to-come-by models, such as the UT McLaren F1's. I think I have about 30 or 40 models now, including all scales - and only 2 of them are MINIs :eek:

For shame Scotty, for shame :p

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Although I am relatively a newbie, I'm a sucker for collecting models of cars that I own.

I have MINIs and Minis from very small (1:43) to large (1:8), both static and remote control one. :D

I also have a smal number of Austin Healey Sprites, esp Mk2A. I even have a Bugeye cookie jar :p

Otherwise, it's a random splattering from Porsche 356A, F1s, even an yellow RX8.;)

Chris

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
Yes i do..

Have been seriously for about 15 years. Mainly modern supercars and F1 plus a few MINi's too :D

Dad's got quite a big Dinky collection too..

I'll post up some pics later.:)

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
I have been collecting MINI's since ordering mine ;)

I did start collecting the Vanguard series of classic cars - got a few still where I used to live in Bath - must go and pick them up some time! Did buy 2 new editions of the Austin A35 ( my other car) a while ago.

pics attatched

Paul :)

Attachments

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,168 Posts
I do, much to my other half's dismay :D. I collect Corgi 1/36 scale mini/MINIs only and currently have over 100 including various rare ones.

Ady :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
:confused: My option's not there either.

I collect models of the cars I have owned - when I can get hold of the model.

If anyone knows where I can get a Fiat Panda (red, later model with the full grille) from I would be very grateful.

Tony.

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice collection miniminor!!! Would you also be able to post some pictures of your dad's old Dinky collection for us to see? :)

I bought a Matchbox MINI yesterday! I already had one (in blue and white), but the one I got yesterday is Liquid Yellow with Black! :)

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
DeadCanDanceR said:
Nice collection miniminor!!! Would you also be able to post some pictures of your dad's old Dinky collection for us to see? :)

I bought a Matchbox MINI yesterday! I already had one (in blue and white), but the one I got yesterday is Liquid Yellow with Black! :)

Yeah sure:D

I'll take some tomorrow in the daylight. They are all in a cabinet so a little hard to see but i'll do my best:)

Few more of mine..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts