MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do MINI owners collect models?

• Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 100 models)!

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 500 models)!

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 1000 models)!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm starting my collection (I have less than 100)!

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I only collect MINI models.

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I only keep my childhood models but don't buy models anymore.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don't collect models!

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, how many of us, MINI owners, collect car models.

I've been collecting them since I was a boy. It all started back in the 60s with Matchbox and Corgi Toys models (my favourite model was the Green Hornet's "Black Beauty" (Corgi Toys)!). My parents say that I wanted nothing but toy cars when I was a boy!...Now, as a grown man, I'm still the same! ;)

I still collect models, mostly 1:43s, and I have and cherish most of my old Corgis and Matchbox models...including Corgi Toy's "Black Beauty"! :)

:yellow:

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I can't post my vote as my option isnt there...

...I have about 50 1/18 models that I've been collecting since I was about 12 (not almost 25) so I'd hardly say I was just starting.

They're all in boxes at mo :( In fact they have been since I moved house 2 years ago. Not gt anywhere to put them in new house yet :(

Think Im going to start collecting the 1/43 from now on.

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damo said:
I can't post my vote as my option isnt there...

...I have about 50 1/18 models that I've been collecting since I was about 12 (not almost 25) so I'd hardly say I was just starting.

They're all in boxes at mo :( In fact they have been since I moved house 2 years ago. Not gt anywhere to put them in new house yet :(

Think Im going to start collecting the 1/43 from now on.
Well, maybe I should have added another option there! Sorry! :( But, even if you're not starting your collection, maybe you could opt for the 4th poll option. It's pretty close. Isn't it? :)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Less than a hundred for me. I havent purchased one for quite a few years now.

Mainly collected limited edition stuff, or hard-to-come-by models, such as the UT McLaren F1's. I think I have about 30 or 40 models now, including all scales - and only 2 of them are MINIs :eek:

For shame Scotty, for shame :p

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Although I am relatively a newbie, I'm a sucker for collecting models of cars that I own.

I have MINIs and Minis from very small (1:43) to large (1:8), both static and remote control one. :D

I also have a smal number of Austin Healey Sprites, esp Mk2A. I even have a Bugeye cookie jar :p

Otherwise, it's a random splattering from Porsche 356A, F1s, even an yellow RX8.;)

Chris

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
Yes i do..

Have been seriously for about 15 years. Mainly modern supercars and F1 plus a few MINi's too :D

Dad's got quite a big Dinky collection too..

I'll post up some pics later.:)

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
I have been collecting MINI's since ordering mine ;)

I did start collecting the Vanguard series of classic cars - got a few still where I used to live in Bath - must go and pick them up some time! Did buy 2 new editions of the Austin A35 ( my other car) a while ago.

pics attatched

Paul :)

Attachments

·
Tinkering In The Garage
2,168 Posts
I do, much to my other half's dismay :D. I collect Corgi 1/36 scale mini/MINIs only and currently have over 100 including various rare ones.

Ady :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
:confused: My option's not there either.

I collect models of the cars I have owned - when I can get hold of the model.

If anyone knows where I can get a Fiat Panda (red, later model with the full grille) from I would be very grateful.

Tony.

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice collection miniminor!!! Would you also be able to post some pictures of your dad's old Dinky collection for us to see? :)

I bought a Matchbox MINI yesterday! I already had one (in blue and white), but the one I got yesterday is Liquid Yellow with Black! :)

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
DeadCanDanceR said:
Nice collection miniminor!!! Would you also be able to post some pictures of your dad's old Dinky collection for us to see? :)

I bought a Matchbox MINI yesterday! I already had one (in blue and white), but the one I got yesterday is Liquid Yellow with Black! :)

Yeah sure:D

I'll take some tomorrow in the daylight. They are all in a cabinet so a little hard to see but i'll do my best:)

Few more of mine..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
45 Participants
The Nun
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing