MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do MINI owners collect models?

• Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 100 models)!

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 500 models)!

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 1000 models)!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm starting my collection (I have less than 100)!

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I only collect MINI models.

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I only keep my childhood models but don't buy models anymore.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don't collect models!

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
miniminor said:
Yeah sure:D

I'll take some tomorrow in the daylight. They are all in a cabinet so a little hard to see but i'll do my best:)

Few more of mine..
Great!!! I'll be looking forward to see those pictures! :cool: And, thanks again for the nice photos of your collection! ;)

:yellow:

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I've got a LOT of hotwheels, and quite a few 1/18 scales (A lot of Vipers and Shelby Cobras, other race cars like Cadillac LMP, Lotus Elise race version, Toyota GT1, Corvette C5R, Ferrari 333SP, Porsche GT1, BMW M3 race version, McClaren F1 race version, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Ford Gt40, etc.) Oh, almost forgot, on my desk at work is a 1/18 of my MINI Cooper, red with white roof, wheels and bonnet stripes.

·
The REAL King of Bling
261 Posts
I've been collecting models for about 9 years or so, I have over 140 now, with many very rare models. Almost all of them are 1:18 scale, a few 1:12 (including a Mini :p ) and a few 1:24. All of them are modern cars such as Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Lamborghini etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I collect TAMIYA models. I'm also a big fan of Tamiya Motorcycle models (1/18) especially those new MotoGP bikes. I just love to assemble them and paint them.

·
Gotta Get Out More!!!
831 Posts
I have been collecting for more than 20 years. I have some Audis, a Bimmer M1, some Porsche, but mainly AC Cobras and GTOs (Pontiac). Most of them are in boxes in the basement waiting for me to build it out and create a shrine fitting the collection. They vary in size from 1:64, to 1:18 mainly. Some slot cars in there as well.

Cars are my life. If I can figure out how to make them my career as well ......

Dain

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
DeadCanDanceR said:
Great!!! I'll be looking forward to see those pictures! :cool: And, thanks again for the nice photos of your collection! ;)

Here you go :D

Attachments

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
miniminor said:
Here you go :D
Thank you very much miniminor!!! :) Your dad's collection looks great! :)

johnmorgan1980 said:
ive got a model of my car..... before i even went in to order it.... wierd.... its the same colour and got the same spec!!!!
Same here! Two or three years ago I was with some friends, talking about cars, and one of them asked me which was my favorite car in the Mexican market. I answered that the new MINI, and then I told them how much I liked the Liquid Yellow with White combination! Two months later, one of them gave me a Burago LY/W MINI for my birthday.

Last December, when I decided to buy a MINI, I went to the local dealership, thinking that I would order a black one. But, when I got to the showroom, there it was, a beautiful LY/W MINI (with exactly all the equipment that I wanted -except white wheels-) and I fell in love with it! ;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I considered buying one Mini miniature, but I couldn't find a red MCS with black roof. Guess I could buy a Red MC like the one in the top picture above my post...

If you know of a red MCS (with black roof), let me know

·
Registered
179 Posts
Toy Collecting

I really can't post how many I have -- I've been a collector for more than 45 years. It all started when my brother went to work for Mettoy in Swansea during the early 1960's! Mettoy is the company that produced Corgi Toys. I may be biased but I still think they are the best. The attached photo's were just taken with my new Olympus.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi Mini Minor i though i was a car fan but that is one great collection of some very nice metal would love to own some of them , thanks for posting your models:red:

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
I picked up a pair of red n blue remote controll MINIs a while back - not the most authentic on detail, but little kids go crazy when they come visit, trying to make them go where they want them to. Someplace around 4 years old they start to figure out how to drive them and quit picking them up to make them go the other way.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I started a thread on R56 models a few weeks back.

Did you say there's a dedicated forum on MINI2 now!!?

I should be collecting my chili red 1/18 scale R56 from Woodmans (Blackpool MINI/BMW dealer) today or early next week!

SSL

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got my R56 1/18.

Don't forget to ask for your MINI2 discount if ordering from Woodmans by the way.

Put it side by side with similar 1st gen model and I know there may be some errors in scale and detailing, but it's intereseting to note just how little (in my opinion) the overall dimensions seem to have changed. Sideways on and there are only a few visual clues that it's an all new car - the raised bonnet line/headlamps and the side indicator assembly being the biggist giveaways.

SSL

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
45 Participants
The Nun
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing