MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do MINI owners collect models?

• Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 100 models)!

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 500 models)!

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 1000 models)!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm starting my collection (I have less than 100)!

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I only collect MINI models.

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I only keep my childhood models but don't buy models anymore.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don't collect models!

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Got my R56 1/18.

Don't forget to ask for your MINI2 discount if ordering from Woodmans by the way.

Put it side by side with similar 1st gen model and I know there may be some errors in scale and detailing, but it's intereseting to note just how little (in my opinion) the overall dimensions seem to have changed. Sideways on and there are only a few visual clues that it's an all new car - the raised bonnet line/headlamps and the side indicator assembly being the biggist giveaways.

SSL
What colours are available? If theres a PW available, I'll have one like a shot :):)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ollie

according to the MINI branded Urban Style catalogue there's just red, laser blue, lightning blue and dark silver at 1/18 scale.

There's a pepper white at 1/43 for £17.95 (before any 'if you ask nicely' discount!).

Like what's been mentioned on the thread I started a couple of weeks or so ago, I guess there's a chance that licensed (and cheaper!!) models may make it into the mainstream market soon. Hope so - I picked up a really good quality 1st gen model at Morrisons supermarket last week for 60p!!

SSL

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
I collect Matchbox 'Superfastcars' anything manufactured between 1969 -1983.

I also pick up 1 or 2 hotwheels if it's a mini (new or classic) or any of the rare treasure hunt models.

Lately been collecting the die cast models from Disney's Cars film. One or two of these are already rare and hard to find! ;)

·
...viva MINI...!!!
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
I recently found an amazing internet site! It is called GoMotorBids.com and the prices most of the models sell for is simply amazing. The sad thing is that they only ship to the US and Canada; the great thing was that I managed to have my Mexican credit card accepted and have them ship the models to my cousin's address in Texas!!! :)

I visited my cousin two weeks ago and was welcomed by some of the models that I got there (plus some others that I got at some other sites). It felt like Christmas!!! I've just added 48 new models to my collection!!! :aargh:

:yellow:

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
48 new models at once - now that is a lot to have all at the same time :smile:

My favourite in my MINI model collection is the MINI CHALLENGE car in 1:18, made by Kyosho (I think it is) - that is beautifully made :cool:

·
BBMC 003
972 Posts
If I genuinly rustle through EVERY box in my house I'm guaranteed to come accross over 500 models over the years at least. I used to have a box full of them, and I sure as hell haven't got rid of those. Besides, anyone remember Micro-Machines? I must have hundreds of them alone!!

Looking back on it I feel like a nut for asking parents to spend sooo much money on the damn things :rolleyes:

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
Today I picked up my new Laser Blue/White R56 S and my new Clubman S in Lightning Blue/Silver from the dealer in Solna, just outside central Stockholm. Both carried bonnet stripes and fits nicely into my collection.
Oh, they are in 1:43, unfortunately :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Got a few 1/18 and 1/43 scale MINIs, classic and BMW type, IMPs, even a Bond Bug, remember them? and quite a few cars from the 60's and 70's

·
Mini Driver
9 Posts
My new Countryman arrives from Austria in a few days, apparently it "is at sea" today, so i should get it in a week or so, i also purchased a 1/18 countryman model a few weeks ago in the same colour as mine, only difference is the stripes on the bonnet are missing on the model and the dark surround on the lights are also not there.

As for models i have been collecting since 1985, 27 years, i currently have over 2500 models, mostly packaged in large boxes in the loft, bust i also have a few on display, i will collect what i like, but any Rovers will be purchased...

·
MINI's are BANG TIDY
397 Posts
I've just started collecting recently. I collect mainly 1:18 scale McLaren Formula 1 race cars, but this is my most recent addition which I just had to buy due to its rarity and also because its almost identical to what i drive. Enjoy :)
Where you get that?

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
45 Participants
The Nun
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing