MINI Cooper Forum banner

Do MINI owners collect models?

• Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 100 models)!

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 500 models)!

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Yes! I am a model collector (I have more than 1000 models)!

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm starting my collection (I have less than 100)!

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • I only collect MINI models.

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • I only keep my childhood models but don't buy models anymore.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I don't collect models!

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been a casual collector for a very short while, and my collection is centered around my first model, which is a 1:43 i think, of the 64 monte carlo winner from corgi. I tried contacting corgi to see if they had any info on it, like production years, current value, units made and so on, but it was to old for their records (how cool is that! :D).
Thought id see if anyone knew anything about it here?
Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
I've been a casual collector for a very short while, and my collection is centered around my first model, which is a 1:43 i think, of the 64 monte carlo winner from corgi. I tried contacting corgi to see if they had any info on it, like production years, current value, units made and so on, but it was to old for their records (how cool is that! :D).
Thought id see if anyone knew anything about it here?
Any info is greatly appreciated.
If you go onto the internet and put in your model, make, manufacturers name and model serial number it will very probably come up on one site or another, theres lot of info regarding the Corgi, Dinky type ranges.
Is your model a MINI?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip :)
Yeah, it's a red Morris Mini Cooper S (although it's labeled without the S) with the number 37 on both sides. It's a bit worn but considering the fact that it's probably about twice my age it's in very good shape.
I'll look around and tell you if i find anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started out by building the 1/24th scale drag race cars as a kid, then moved onto airplanes and helicopters. Never did the tanks. But did move onto collecting the 1/18th scale die cast cars. Didn't feel like building them anymore, but I have amassed a fair collection. I have somewhere near 600 cars total and only have about 100 on display now. The rest are stored neatly away in the event I want to exhibit them one day, or if the die cast model car market should ever come back and a fair profit could be made.;)

·
0.1mpg (Miles per Grin)
267 Posts
I don't collect as such, but there are a few Minis in the house:
- bought my daughter a 1:6 scale one for her Barbie dolls about 10 years ago
- got a 1:32 scale MCS in EB/W (to match the real one on the drive) as a birthday present when I was "a significant age"
- still have an OO scale plastic one that was sent out by BMW/Mini to prospective owners in about 1999 when the new Mini was first announced; was hoping it would be worth as much as the real thing by now, but sadly not
- there are two 1:43 remote control ones lurking somewhere that my son got for a present

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Thanks for the tip :)
Yeah, it's a red Morris Mini Cooper S (although it's labeled without the S) with the number 37 on both sides. It's a bit worn but considering the fact that it's probably about twice my age it's in very good shape.
I'll look around and tell you if i find anything.
Corgi no 317, worth between £125 to 195 in mint condition with box
no box, chipped (thats scratched not tuned) around 20 to 40% of that value depending on how badly.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
45 Participants
The Nun
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing