MINI Cooper Forum banner

Your mini has front license plate displayed?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ever since I was stopped by the police because my "car" was seen near the site of a robbery, I keep both my plates on and check them all the time.
It wasn't my car but my front plate that was seen near the crime. Somebody stole my front plate and put it on the rear of their car. Fortunately their car was a Ford and I was driving a Porche 911 at the time - the cop stopped me just to let me know what happened. I went to the DMV that day and ordered personalized plates.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In San Francisco, they have really started cracking down on people without front license plates. Its easy money for the city. I got two tickets within 48 hours for not have my front plate on my previous car. The good news is, that if you get a ticket, you can get the plate installed and only have to pay $10 as a fix fee.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
How much is the ticket?

Does anyone know how much the ticket is for NOT having your front plates on?

My younger brother drives a Camaro that doesn't have a front bracket. He puts his plate on his dash board. No problems so far - he's been pulled over for speeding though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.