MINI Cooper Forum banner

Your mini has front license plate displayed?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of the Mini owners in NorCal do not have the front license plate displayed :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ever since I was stopped by the police because my "car" was seen near the site of a robbery, I keep both my plates on and check them all the time.
It wasn't my car but my front plate that was seen near the crime. Somebody stole my front plate and put it on the rear of their car. Fortunately their car was a Ford and I was driving a Porche 911 at the time - the cop stopped me just to let me know what happened. I went to the DMV that day and ordered personalized plates.

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
From what I remember, I believe california state law says that you must have a front license plate on if there are holes for it.

Im not too sure if this applies anymore. its been years since i heard anything about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In San Francisco, they have really started cracking down on people without front license plates. Its easy money for the city. I got two tickets within 48 hours for not have my front plate on my previous car. The good news is, that if you get a ticket, you can get the plate installed and only have to pay $10 as a fix fee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine won't be on untill I get a ticket. The thought of drilling holes in my car makes me wince in pain :eek:
Hopefully I will never get one... but I most likely just jinxed myself!

·
Another Happy Owner
204 Posts
i've been looking around for a license plate bracket.

i was thinking of mounting it on the bottom grill, off-set to the side. probably on the passenger side. Any ideas? thoughts?

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
Hmm... maybe I won't put one on. My Cooper will be my first car, so I am not to familiar with laws such as this, all I know is that it's a law. I hate the front plate... I suppose now I'll just leave it off.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope didnt have them on my 03 MCS and not going on my 05 MCS...... :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope

No front plate. I'd really like to put a vinyl image of the plate on the leading edge of the bonnet to make it look like the painted-on plates the Brits sometimes used in the old days.
-p

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
How much is the ticket?

Does anyone know how much the ticket is for NOT having your front plates on?

My younger brother drives a Camaro that doesn't have a front bracket. He puts his plate on his dash board. No problems so far - he's been pulled over for speeding though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts