MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im curious as to who waves as they drive past another MINI?
I used to own a classic Mini and when ever i went past another 1 wede both wave, some even stopped 2 chat! it was great.
I didnt think new MINI owners did it until last week when i really nice MINI Clubman in the Evesham area waved at me, waving back with slight amazment it made me just wonder if more do it.
Let me know what you all think and if u do wave or thumbs up or whatever, i really do think it should be brought in for the new MINIs as well as the classic.
Cheers

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
This has been mentioned many times if you search on here, I too owned and still own a classic Mini but even they only started waving once they became less common as everyday cars in the late 1980's early '90's. The new MINI drivers also used to wave at each other but now there are just so many on the road it would be impossible to wave at everyone and most would think you are mad as they are not all enthusiasts like most on here. :)

·
Closing door on MINI2
556 Posts
We got waves from most MINIs (albeit about 4 of them!) whilst in rural France last week where the sightings are fewer, reminded me of when I got my first MINI nearly 5 years ago!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
No, the new MINI is a modern everyday car, its pointless, just like another thread about waving, far too many of them;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm an avid waver. I was when I got it in 2002 also, but of course there were only three in Jacksonville at that time ;)

Now I'm in Pensacola, FL and there aren't many here. I wave all the time and a couple have waved back. Not many people wave, but it's a special moment when you get one back :) I waved at one person and she just looked at me. Then I think she realized I too was in a MINI and she finally waved. Seen her twice since and got waves each time! :D I've converted one!

Go ahead, wave! It's fun seeing MINIs on the road and it's even better when they're waving at you.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I used to a lot.

many grannies and old aunties now have a new mini - they just look worried

So I wave at the ones with spots, stripes, checks as they are normally the enthusiasts...... the cars that is :D

·
Peanut Groupie
1,303 Posts
Hey, Im curious as to who waves as they drive past another MINI?
I used to own a classic Mini and when ever i went past another 1 wede both wave, some even stopped 2 chat! it was great.
I didnt think new MINI owners did it until last week when i really nice MINI Clubman in the Evesham area waved at me, waving back with slight amazment it made me just wonder if more do it.
Let me know what you all think and if u do wave or thumbs up or whatever, i really do think it should be brought in for the new MINIs as well as the classic.
Cheers

Like Paa 100 I wave at tasty MINIs and I'm pretty sure it was us waving at you in our pepper white Clubman - so glad we put a smile on your face if it was you!

·
Captain Slow
4,929 Posts
I did wave when I bought my first Mini about 5 years ago. There weren't so many then around but now I don't. They're too numerous.

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
my hairs to short now, even when it was longer i preferred the straight bob look :confused:

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
i think your more likely to get a wave if the other mini had a jcw kit, after market wheels etc. i.e and anthusiast :) lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Like Paa 100 I wave at tasty MINIs and I'm pretty sure it was us waving at you in our pepper white Clubman - so glad we put a smile on your face if it was you!

I suspected it might have been you!

Nice vipers!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I make eye contact if she is fit..I wave LOL No seriously I like to wave because it`s a happy vibe as well as driving this fantastic fun car.
If I dont get a wave back. I feel happy anyways. And NO doubt the driver will probably realise and make a wave next time to a MINI driver. I used to love the attention in my Mk1 Golf Gti back 8 years ago..
Good times.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I wave sometimes but it is very unusual to get a response. I usually always get a response from to GP owners around here...........mind you, I'd always be happy driving one of them!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts