MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else epxerienced the sunroof not doing what you want it to??? initially it didn't reposnd to the just pressing it once to get it to tilt, instead i had open it fully then close it......that sorted itself out but now intermitently on tilt mode it will not close or open.

it doesn't happen everytime, when open it will close all the way and then open all the way again!! its very odd, jsut wodnering whether it maybe a software glitch?? any hlpe much appreciated!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
YES!

We've had this problem on our car, and have seen it on 4 or 5 dealer loaner vehicles we've driven.

It seems to be related to heat... when the car is out on a hot, sunny day, it doesn't want to open. My guess is that something in the frame of the sunroof is swelling just enough to cause the "anti-pinch" sensors to stop it from moving.

We found that a bit of downward pressure on the front edge while trying to open it (or upward pressure on the rear edge from inside) will give it enough "assist" that it will open. But so far BMW Canada has not noted it as an issue.

If you have problems with your sunroof, please get it noted by your dealer, so BMW can start working on a fix!

·
Fly Heli's they're fun!
194 Posts
Hi,

I have had issues as well. Same thing, in hot weather the roof would not open. Then last week during some even warmer weather the roof got stuck open. It twisted in the frame such that only the right rear corner of the roof is open.

Needs an entirely new roof carrier assembly and such (big repair as they need to remove the headliner and everything). So I have been out my Mini for a week now, and probably for a bit more yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts