MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to call them tommrow, does anyone know if you had a puncture in non runflat tyres, and could drive the car, because it was sidewall damage or too big hole to inflate with a tyre foam, would they still come out to help you home ??

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id think they would too, but was just wondering as you know what there like at trying to get out of things sometimes.!!..

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
who actually comes out with the emergency cover - is it subcontracted to the AA, RAC, something like that?
Between certain times (8am - 8pm I believe) BMW assist (Mondial) will come out to the car, outside of those hours I believe it is subcontracted to another recovery company in the area.
Thats how I think it works anywho :p

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
When I had MINI assist out for a radiator leak, we were chatting and he said that he even got calls to help people use the tyre foam.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
When I had MINI assist out for a radiator leak, we were chatting and he said that he even got calls to help people use the tyre foam.
:hmph: I once called MINI Assist out for help with a tyre. I tried the foam but it all just fell out the tyre again. When the mechanic arrived, he says: "So, what have we got here?" in a "Well, time to help another nincompoop." sort of tone...

...and then he saw why the foam wasn't working. Once we'd managed to remove the engine mounts that had punched through the tyre, the hole I'd managed to rip in the tyre was about the size of a 50 pence coin. :p

Time for a tow... :redface:​

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have just phoned them to clarify and they said they will come out if you cant mend the punture with tyre foam spray.. Therell tow you to a garage..
So good news..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts