MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems just about every exterior thing on the MINI has aftermarket chrome trim to fit it. Such as foglights, reverse light, antenna and washer covers etc. It also seems that alot of it is installed using adhesive double sided tape. My question to everyone who has installed these items is do they stay solidly attached? I live in an area that gets snow and a lot of rain in the winter. Will this have an adverse affect on keeping the chrome trim in place?
Their are a number of items I'd like to apply so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

·
MINI2 Regular
438 Posts
I have The cover's and the rings for the Wing mirror's.

The covers stuck great, and have stayed stuck.
The rings needed a bit of extra glue.
(pics in gallery)

Go for it. :D

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I have the mirror rings same as desert storm and these have stayed in place for about 3 months now they are held on by 3M double sticky back pads and they are really good. No budging at all!

I wouldn't worry about them coming off they have been designed for outdoor use so they should be fine!

·
Registered
884 Posts
The big thing is to make sure the area the tape is going to adher to is super clean. Use alcohol or something similar to make sure there's no dirt or oil on those areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts