MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
R53 MY05 CooperS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really odd behaviour with my R53...

first time each morning it will turn over but ... never catches. key back to off and try to fire again and starts perfectly.
only happens first time in the morning, and the car behaves itself the rest of the day.

super weird ... always a problem if I leave the car unlocked overnight (it's in a secure garage, with alarm and a very loud dog!), if I lock it then it sometimes starts first time (about 1 in 2 days)

Doesn't seem to matter if I leave it in ACC position for a few seconds before turning the key all the way

I'm guessing a fuel pump issue?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
your high pressure fuel pump is starting to go how they all go,, ie first starts never run on choke very well might not get any codes at first,, it will get worse over time until will flag P2880 code for fuel system pressure,,
what happens the seals inside the high pressure fuel pump leak and allow air to get it to the chamber in the pump so get a out of fuel feeling on first starts,, if live data the pump at point of start and crank will see very low pressure until the air goes through the pump as such then its fires up,,, also must replace the 12 volt tank sender pump at same time,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts