MINI Cooper Forum banner

Dog Guard

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Prof 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a decent dog guard made?

I have removed the back seat backs to make sufficient room for the mutt, and need some guards to fit just behind the front seats

Nicko

#6 ·
confused

thanks KS_cooper, but I'm confused - or you are! after much headscratching I think you must be describing a seat cover? I am looking for a metal railing/grating device to split the entire compartment to stop Mutley flying through the windscreen in an accident (or knocking my block off en-route to the windscreen!)

#7 ·
Red Devil,

I'm using this dog barrier and have had pretty good luck with it when carrying my two, 50 pound Dalmatians.

The one issue I've had with this barrier (or any for that matter) is that it can be knocked ajar if one my dogs bumps into it if I hit the brakes too suddenly. This happens because I still have my rear seats in place, and as a result the base for the barrier isn't very stiff. One thing that I did help solve the problem was to tie the top of the barrier to the rear seat handles on both sides of the interior roof with bungie cables. Now the barrier stays in place better.

You may not have this problem since you removed your rear seats and will have a more stable base. Another thing to look out for is that the edges of the barrier may be a little sharp; and when you install it in your MINI, make sure that you don't scratch the plastic in the back of your MINI with the edges. I taped the edges with black electrical tape to avoid scratching (of course I learned about this after putting a small scratch on the interior plastic).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.