MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, just posting this to get a bit of banter goin really, plus id like some ideas on what to do to my MINI next.
i have a 2001 MINI ONE, Indi blue, and i love it to bits, as seen from the pics ive done bits mainly on exterior cosmetics, nothing engine wise yet as, with my age, my insurence would crush me ;).
my next big investment will be the Cooper S split rim alloys, i cant stand my standard ones anymore.

anyway does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do next? maybe you've done some really kool things to yours, post some pics up, id love to see what people have done to customise there MINIs
looking forward to reading, and seeing your replies
:smile:

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
would you like to put more chrome on it? if thats a yes then id put the grille and rear boot handle on

Cooper S sills do a lot for a ONE!!! id deffo recommend them

Heres what ive done to mine so far:

K&N Panel Filter
Chrome Aux Light Surrounds
Chrome Grille
Chrome Bootlid Handle
Chrome Bumper Inserts front and back
Clear Side Indicator Lenses
Clear front indicator bulbs
17" S Spoke Alloys
Cooper S Sills
Cooper Lower Grille Mesh
Cooper Exhaust Trim
Colour Coded Mirror Caps

Heres what it was like when I got it

Let us know how you get on!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would you like to put more chrome on it? if thats a yes then id put the grille and rear boot handle on

Cooper S sills do a lot for a ONE!!! id deffo recommend them...

...Let us know how you get on!!
Wow that looks great, i see what you mean about the cooper S sills, and the wheels completely change the look to, yhh i will be looking at more chrome soon, but im saving up for wheels at the moment as there the most expensive. where did you get your sills from?
cheers. :smile:

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Wow that looks great, i see what you mean about the cooper S sills, and the wheels completely change the look to, yhh i will be looking at more chrome soon, but im saving up for wheels at the moment as there the most expensive. where did you get your sills from?
cheers. :smile:
Got my sills from someone who was upgrading to aero sills :D check the classifides and ebay for a set, or ring mini matt :cool:

They arent at all dear!

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
got my s bumpers, sills and grill for £110 off ebay. keep an eye out they will go quickly if they are the right price! If you are looking for 17s to upgrade avoid s-spokes as they are very heavy, if you still want oem on a budget go with a set of bullets, a bit different and lighter, i wish i had :D heres a couple of pics of mine......

Attachments

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I got my s sills for 40 quid from a breakers. I'm now going to get the s front and rear bumpers with the aero grill conversion.

Nice looking mini you have there. The wheels will certainly look the part.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got my s bumpers, sills and grill for £110 off ebay. keep an eye out they will go quickly if they are the right price! If you are looking for 17s to upgrade avoid s-spokes as they are very heavy, if you still want oem on a budget go with a set of bullets, a bit different and lighter, i wish i had :D heres a couple of pics of mine......
heavy? aw that sucks coz i really like them type of wheels, does it effect the ride dramatically?

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
they are nice looking wheels but the weight of them affect performance. if you not that bothered then go with it because they are cheap and look good, just think you would be better off with bullets

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, well il take it into account when deciding, the bullets are nice, but iv narrowed it down to either the S spokes or the works split rims i think their called, as long as i get rid of the standard One wheels im happy lol.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
I got my s sills for 40 quid from a breakers.
^-- That's a pretty good idea - if I do any exterior styling mods to Zeus (my ONE), that's certainly a nice subtle one to do that will still retain a clean 'stock' look about the car. :D

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
^-- That's a pretty good idea - if I do any exterior styling mods to Zeus (my ONE), that's certainly a nice subtle one to do that will still retain a clean 'stock' look about the car. :D
Definately! they look really good when comparing to stock ONE side skirts.

Im also going to get a black cooper S top and bottom grill with the chrome surround as it has three horizontal slats instead of 4 and the chrome is one smooth peice with no grooves. Just little things:D

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
lol Zeus, Thats a well kewl name for a MINI lol
:D Thanks!​

Definitely! they look really good when comparing to stock ONE side skirts.

I'm also going to get a black cooper S top and bottom grill with the chrome surround as it has three horizontal slats instead of 4 and the chrome is one smooth piece with no grooves. Just little things:D
^-- I like the way that man thinks... :cool:

Also, the smoothed de-grooved chrome will be a lot easier to keep clean - I do find bugs really like to get splatted deep into the groves after an exuberant outing around those country lanes. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts