MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
minitorque
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't thank Paul and Chris enough for making this car what it is today. The car handles so well gives you bags of confidence! I can't get over how good it is... Just outstanding!

I'm still smiling now :D

It's fast on the quarter mile
13.2280 @ 105.36

Now it's fast on the roundy track too!

This was with Lee giving me some slight encouragement but I was running 1:26's before.
1:25 - Donnington Park Track Day - 31st October

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I must admit that I was dissappointed when Lee told us his car wasn't there, but boy did you make up for it.

I still cant get over how quick you were for someone who had never been around Donny and never done a track day in there own car. I might have to use the nitrous on the track as well as the drag strip to beat you now.

Also looking at this years Time Attack you would of qualified 30th, I'm not sure how much Toyo 888 would give you in faster laps?

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/downloads/2008 Time Attack Round 1 results.pdf

Go to page 38 for club class

Also it was cool seeing you pass all those race cars on trailers on the motorway like you did on track :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
its always puzzled me they let the so called novice on a track that will in donny parks case lets
just say will be slippy out first.:aargh:

lee
The novices are normally on road tyres so i'd say they were best suited to a "slippy track" and clearing all the crap off

You're puzzle has been solved!!!:D

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was hoping you would say that, thought it might be annoying people getting in the way, I might be one of those people though :biggrin:
Naa you wont get in the way
You will only get a huge ego boost
I know I did last month after my first track day at donnington
Overtaking Focus RS/ST's an Evo, Jag XKR, boxter S, M3 basically everything apart from a 350Z
road tyres, stock suspension, no LSD although I did have a racing driver show me the lines which is probably the best advice I could give

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
...ooooo that date of the 29th could be interesting ;) :D

Shame I have family stuff on down south :(

I have the big spin by Lee in Bert on camera, reminds me I have to do the video onto youtube as Dave has been waiting patiently :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts