MINI Cooper Forum banner

Don't Go To Long Beach Mini - Try Crevier Instead

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Gromit801 
#1 ·
i recently posted a message regarding the bad service i received at LB MINI. I STILL DISCOURAGE EVERYONE FROM GOING THERE!!!

today i brought my car in to crevier in santa ana for the emissions recall and to have the passenger window checked out (intermittent non-operation when using the remote.) just based on my one-time experience at crevier, i'd say that everyone who's been disappointed by LB or everyone who's about to be disappointed by LB should try crevier instead. the difference was obvious as soon as i pulled into the service area at 715 AM. the engine was still running when CHRIS GIBSON walked up to me to get the paperwork started. we finished the paperwork in his cubicle in less than 10 minutes. in another five minutes, FRANK the shuttle driver was already looking for me to drive me home. TESS DAVIS left a message for me at around 230 PM to say that the recall repair was done but that they couldn't replicate the intermittent window problem. she advised that i could either leave the car there and that they'd check it again or i could pick up the car and just return it there when the problem recurred. i left her a message saying that i'd rather just pick up the car. she called me to say that i can return the car anytime without an appointment as soon as the problem recurs. she also said that she'd have the car ready at the front and my paperwork at the cashier when i came to pick it up. everything was as she said when i got there. my car was ready to go and all i needed to do was sign the paperwork at the cashier. RON (GOMEZ?) walked up to me and offered to explain the work that was performed on my car and to ask if i had further questions. i left crevier thinking that the staff at LB MINI had a lot to learn from those guys. everyone who i came in contact with was courteous and professional.

although this is only based on my single experience at crevier, i hope that this is an everyday occurrence over there. disappointed ex-LB customers should give them a try.

See less See more
#3 ·
crevier

When I was having some electronics fitted into my car. ( I won't say what type since I don't want to out the manufacturer after what he said about long beach). Needless to say we had a conversation about Long Beach. He told me that he hates long beach mini and goes to crevier for all there mini install tests. These people are much closer to long beach than crevier, but they insist on going there and told me to also.
So I go where the experts go.

#5 ·
Here's my first and really what I consider a problem with my experiences with Long Beach MINI... otherwise it has been good.

Well I took my car in again today to Long Beach MINI to get the passenger tweeter grill replaced. Since they were out of stock and had to special order it.

While it was there I asked to get my tires rotated and get the stupid sunroof squeeking taken care of.

They replaced the tweeter grill... (* I think* ) I didnt check LOL its the least of my worries...

They fixed the sunroof it doesnt squeek anymore... My biggest concern.
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78945&highlight=sunroof

They wanted to charge $55 to rotate tires so I said FORGET IT!

Now here the interesting part... I left the car with 11,480 Miles on it and when I picked it up it had 11,503!!!!!!

Ya I know they had to go drive around to test the sunroof for squeeks cuz I reported it squeeks when fully open and when I'm driving... but 23 MILES!!!!!!!! Thats insane.. and the red light for "LOW ON GAS" was on... they didnt even fill it back up!

I spoke with my advisor and he checked who the tech that was working on it and said the tech is a older guy and wouldnt have taken it out for a joy ride, I believe him cuz I had this same tech work on my car many times before as it lists the tech's number on the paper work stating who worked on it. And everytime I'm happy with his work.

BUT BUT BUT... when I arrived to pick up my car it was parked outside by the drop off area and then I see this lady walk up to my car and drive it back into the service bay. I already thought that was weird... cuz usually when a car is done its inside somewhere waiting to be picked up. I bet that lady took my car out to lunch and for a joy ride... AND the passenger window has a paw print! (human paw print) My windows are spotless... so I can pick out any kind of flaw instantly...

Well my service advisor just said that he probably wrote the milage down incorrectly cuz he knows that the tech wouldnt go for a joy ride and he apologized so I didnt want to make a huge deal out of it. Since the advisor has been taking good care of me I figure I should let it slide than make a big deal and get bad service next time.

Well so service was good over all on the car itself but the receptionist lady taking my car out for a joy ride was un-acceptable!

MINI USA better not call me for a survey else I'm giving them a piece of my mind.

#7 ·
Cooper76 said:
Did you ask your MA why you saw the receptionist lady driving your car inthe first place? Did you ask him to explain that? Are you sure she took it out to lunch?!
When I went to the cashier to pick up my key they didnt have it and was told that so and so has the key and is swing it back out. I did not ask why she had the key nor the car. That was before I saw the milage.

Then after I saw it I asked the MA and he said it was probably because he wrote down the wrong milage and apologized. so I left it at that.

You're right I shouldnt make it sound like for certain that the receptionist took it out for a joy ride but I also did say in my post "I bet that lady..." so indicating that it was a probability. I know for a fact that it was more than an acceptable amount of milage added. 23 is off the papers I looked before I dropped off the car and I know my gas level was down 1/8 of a tank after picking it up.

#8 ·
I forgot to report back about my service yesterday. I had a gash on the top of my shock, the shock holder or somthing, shock mount... well I got it replaced yesterday. Dropped off my car and got a loaner. :D They did everything I asked them to do. replaced the shock casing, flushed the brake fluid and measured the amount of brakes left... what is it when new? They said I have 10mm left in the front and 7mm left in the rear...

But anyways... very good service this time. I usually get next to perfect service for my MINI. They always fix what I ask correctly the first time given that parts are available. I like the service of LB but just need to be careful about milage...

#9 ·
Crevier MINI Service is the BEST !!!

I bought my MCSCa from Crevier, yes, I paid a little more, but you know what? I have no regret, and I am really glad I bought from them. The MA, Christian, is very nice, always comes and greets me whenever I am there, even when he is busy with customers. Not only you get free BMW loaner to drive for long service, there's a free car wash any time you wish. But I really want to address here is my experience with their service and parts department.

First, one of my keys can do everything but unlock the doors, so they told me they will order one and call me.

Three days later, I got a call to bring my car in to do the programming for the new key. So I went. Needless to say, the key was programmed and car washed in an hour. The Service Advisor, David, made sure everything worked and wanted me to call him for any question.

Crevier installed the JCW cold air intake on my MINI at the time of my purchase; a couple of days later, I popped the bonnett and found the JCW badge on the air box is missing, there is just a empty hole in the middle. So I told Terisa at the parts about it while I was there waiting for my key to be programmed. She told me she will get back to me later since the badge has no part number (she knows the parts for MINI like a dictionary), and she will find out from JCW.

2 short days later, just when I was going to call her, she called and told me to make an apporintment with the service department to put in a Brand New JCW cold air intake, because that's the only way I can get the JCW badge for the airbox. This JCW CAI is not cheap, plus it takes about 3 to 4 hours to install it (total over $700 when I had it installed.), sure Crevier may be able to return it to JCW, still, they took the effort ordering a new one to replace mine, and installing it free.

David wrote me up and got me a almost brand new BMW 325 to drove back to work. 4 hours later, I got a call from him and went and pick the car up. My MINI had been washed and the brand new JCW CAI (with the badge) was there.

What can you say about a MINI dealer that gives you services like Lexus does? I can only tell you from my experience and recommend you these good people there, so you can enjoy the good services you deserve as a MINI owner.

Happy motoring! :) :red: :velvet: :red: :velvet:

#11 ·
First, you have to realize that Long Beach Mini sells more cars than not just Crevier, but anyone on the west coast. It would be reasonable to assume that because of the shear volume they will be more likely to have more complants than other dealers.

I found Crevier Mini to be arrogant, not to mention thay are marking up cars nearly $5000, and for that kind of mark up I would expect more than just ass kissing when I drop it off for service.

#12 ·
tekt said:
First, you have to realize that Long Beach Mini sells more cars than not just Crevier, but anyone on the west coast. It would be reasonable to assume that because of the shear volume they will be more likely to have more complants than other dealers.

I found Crevier Mini to be arrogant, not to mention thay are marking up cars nearly $5000, and for that kind of mark up I would expect more than just ass kissing when I drop it off for service.
Do you work for LB BMW? or MINI for that matter? :p

#13 ·
EBMCS03 said:
Do you work for LB BMW? or MINI for that matter? :p
:cool: (BTW I don't work for Crevier :bad: )
I guess it all depending on how well you can bargain, and your attitude. I was quoted by LB for a 6 months wait for a MCSCa fully loaded with every option and navigation. But I got exactly the same car from Crevier's lot for under $2000 markup, heck, my trade-in would have dropped $2000 after 6 months. Plus they gave me a great price for my trade-in that nobody can beat.

I did see some MINIs bought from other dealership serviced there, they seemed to get treated equally.

#14 ·
loveamini said:
:cool: (BTW I don't work for Crevier :bad: )
I guess it all depending on how well you can bargain, and your attitude. I was quoted by LB for a 6 months wait for a MCSCa fully loaded with every option and navigation. But I got exactly the same car from Crevier's lot for under $2000 markup, heck, my trade-in would have dropped $2000 after 6 months. Plus they gave me a great price for my trade-in that nobody can beat.

I did see some MINIs bought from other dealership serviced there, they seemed to get treated equally.
Thats cool... ya it depends really. But have people who didnt buy from Crevier get loaner cars when they take their car in for service?

#15 ·
No, I don't work for LB Mini, or for Mini.

I visited 6 SoCal Mini dealers, as well as a dealer in Las Vegas, and it became apparent that I would have to custom order a car to get exactly what I wanted.

Dealers that are marking up cars predict about a 10 week wait, with MSRP dealers estimating about twice that wait time. In my case, the additional wait is worth the savings.

#18 ·
Obviously, I can't speak from anyone's experience but my own, but Crevier has done nothing but treat me right ever since my first contact with my MA, Christian. I originally contacted him to ask a few questions, he answered them promptly and offered to have me come down and test drive a car, which I did, with ABSOLUTELY no pressure whatsoever (and this is coming from a girl who went to the dealership ALONE)... I opted to order my MINI, it came in a full week and a half before I expected it to (which was nice!)... Ryan, the finincial advisor was a hoot (had me in tears laughing while signing all that paperwork!) Flash forward... Unfortunately, my new MINI's bumper had a freeway collision with a large chunk of semi truck tire tread... I was panicked and very near Crevier on the 55 freeway... so I headed there (at 5:30am no less) and waited for someone to show up... (mind you this is the morning after I brought my car home!). Christian pulled up and totally took care of me... Because of BMW's stance on refusing to give loaner cars for "body work", Christian actually pulled a used Mini right off the lot and handed me the keys so I could get home safely (over 40 miles away)... Tess, in the service dept, is top-notch and an absolute SWEETHEART... And David is a wonderful guy as well... The only complaints I have had so far, in relation to my MINI, is that State Farm insurance has been dragging their feet for the last 2 weeks... I couldn't be happier with Crevier.. :D I plan on writing a letter to MINI and to Mr. Crevier himself to let them know they've made a customer for life!

#19 ·
ryanelp80 said:
Obviously, I can't speak from anyone's experience but my own, but Crevier has done nothing but treat me right ever since my first contact with my MA, Christian. I originally contacted him to ask a few questions, he answered them promptly and offered to have me come down and test drive a car, which I did, with ABSOLUTELY no pressure whatsoever (and this is coming from a girl who went to the dealership ALONE)... I opted to order my MINI, it came in a full week and a half before I expected it to (which was nice!)... Ryan, the finincial advisor was a hoot (had me in tears laughing while signing all that paperwork!) Flash forward... Unfortunately, my new MINI's bumper had a freeway collision with a large chunk of semi truck tire tread... I was panicked and very near Crevier on the 55 freeway... so I headed there (at 5:30am no less) and waited for someone to show up... (mind you this is the morning after I brought my car home!). Christian pulled up and totally took care of me... Because of BMW's stance on refusing to give loaner cars for "body work", Christian actually pulled a used Mini right off the lot and handed me the keys so I could get home safely (over 40 miles away)... Tess, in the service dept, is top-notch and an absolute SWEETHEART... And David is a wonderful guy as well... The only complaints I have had so far, in relation to my MINI, is that State Farm insurance has been dragging their feet for the last 2 weeks... I couldn't be happier with Crevier.. :D I plan on writing a letter to MINI and to Mr. Crevier himself to let them know they've made a customer for life!
Sorry about your accident, hope it gets settle soon; we have one thing in common: you know exactly the same good people I know. (well, actually 2 things, I bought my MCSCa from Christian also) If only you have Allstate,,, :p

#20 ·
loveamini said:
Sorry about your accident, hope it gets settle soon; we have one thing in common: you know exactly the same good people I know. (well, actually 2 things, I bought my MCSCa from Christian also) If only you have Allstate,,, :p
wow, small world, eh? I am hoping to get my baby back today... it's raining too, and I'm hoping that I might have a chance to use my automatic rain-sensing wipers :) Are you in the O.C. area?

#21 ·
ryanelp80 said:
wow, small world, eh? I am hoping to get my baby back today... it's raining too, and I'm hoping that I might have a chance to use my automatic rain-sensing wipers :) Are you in the O.C. area?
Yep, I live in Lake Forest. It was pouring tigers and lions this morning, I almost thought my ragtop was going to leak or break, luckily it didn't, just my imagination. Hope you get your MINI back. :) :red:

#22 ·
Well, even though I have ordered a new Mini, I am not decided on the color, so while I have some time to finalize my choice before the build date.

Today I visited Long Beach Mini, and found a nicely optioned S at MSRP, though not the color choice I want. This is the third S model I have seen on the lot in the last 2 weeks at MSRP.

I also went to South Bay Mini, and found a Cooper nicely optioned at $18900.

On my way home, I stopped by Crevier, and was ignored (as usual), and found a few S models at $5000.00 over MSRP, and also an '03 Cooper that was not as optioned as the new car at SouthBay, at $21900!

Shopping around to save a few hundred dollars is one thing, but we're talking thousands of dollars here.

If your dealer over charges on new and used cars, it would be logical that they would do the same on every aspect of their business.

#23 ·
tekt said:
If your dealer over charges on new and used cars, it would be logical that they would do the same on every aspect of their business.
That can be true... I have repeatedly priced both Assael MINI and Long Beach MINI and have found that Assael charges A LOT more than Long beach on everything.

1.) Oil change for BMW Assael $130 Long Beach $91
2.) Windscreen replacement Assael $900 - $1000 Long Beach $530

other simple stuff like oil filter and AUX input I forget what they were.

So you might be right... Assael likes to mark up on high demand cars and it seems to me they mark up on other parts and services...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.