MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car jacked up today on one side - noticed that the door had 'popped' out of its place siiting over top of gutter! Now either the roll cage means the chassis doesn't bend enough or the doors stood still and the chassis moved ! Anybody else noticed this?

btw - Normal trolley jacks will not fit underneath a club sport (not enough clearance)

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
The mechanic at JCW had mine up on a trolley jack at the weekend - didn't notice anything amiss (it was up on a corner weighing rig so he could fit the jack underneath btw!)

You've probably distorted the chassis now so you'll only be able to take left-handers - oh well :)

A

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TVRman said:
The mechanic at JCW had mine up on a trolley jack at the weekend - didn't notice anything amiss (it was up on a corner weighing rig so he could fit the jack underneath btw!)

You've probably distorted the chassis now so you'll only be able to take left-handers - oh well :)

A
Notice my ref to 'normal' trolley jack - I believe if you pay twice as much from JCW you can get one that fits:D

I'm planning driving anti-clock round the circuits anyway that way no-one will be able to tell if I'm taking the right line or not:D

Back to the point did you try opening a door when K had it up on one side ?

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Apparently they've bought up all the low-level trolley jacks in the known universe and will be selling them to us at very favourable rates :)

No, I didn't, so I don't really know if the car was bending or not. Not much help, eh?

At least if you're going the opposite way round, you'll be able to say that you passed everybody in the race :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts