MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've looked at the instructions for removing the door panel in the FAQ but I only want to remove the silver grab rail on both doors which are held on by a couple of torx screws but do I need to lower the window as it states or do anything more? I'm considering getting them sprayed but don't know if it involves more to it than just removing the torx screws? Any advice?
Cheers
K

·
Registered
727 Posts
The silver grab rails are heat welded to the back of the complete door panel assembly.
Not an easy remove but possible if very very careful.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So as well as the torx screws, they're also welded on?? Had a look around the web and some posts from 2004 on here and it looks only like the 2 visible torx and the one behind the padded cover to remove. didn't think they'd also be heat welded?:(

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry did not make myself clear.

The door grab rails are heat welded to the plastic door trim panel assy, not the metal car door.

Follow the DIY to get the plastic door trim panel assy off the car.

Then have a look on the back of it and you will see that the door grab handle is heat welded onto the back of the plastic door trim panel.

·
MINI2 Addick
61 Posts
i have the exact same problem - my silver door handles are scratched to buggary. I need new ones and thought it might be a cheap fix but you cant replace them - you have to replace the door card which BMW want £250 per card for! Ridiclous - anyone know a solution?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts