MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car off the road since Wed 9 Jan waiting on parts for the " Openings Fix " which now seems to be agreed is a door lock/sensor problem.
Are the components being redesigned as one contributer says ,or is this a stock level problem, my dealer simply says they are on back order which covers a lot of bases.
They are quoting at least 7 more days and if the problem surfaces on many more cars this will result in a massive backlog and delay, the car isn't at all satisfactory to drive with the fuses pulled on cent. locking , elec windows, sunroof,and there is no boot access.
Frustrating -- and my hired Astra stinks of cigarette smoke and is piss awful to drive quickly.
Dr Mike

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Mike,
Sorry about your problems hope the dealer gets it sorted for you asap. Did the dealer tell you if the part has been redesigned? It seems a bit stupid that the dealers are ordering new parts for the seats, locks, ecu, etc if the parts could have the same fault again. Can anyone answer whether the parts are being redesigned or dealers are just hoping this new part doesn't go wrong again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts