MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched FAQ's and endless threads to find a picture that someone posted on how to remove the driver door card, but can't find it!

Is it just a case of taking out the torx screws and yanking the door panel off?. Does it just "pop out"?
Sorry for the boring repeat question, but I honestly cannot find the thread.........

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Be sure to get all of 'em including the one under the reflector, start at the overlapping portion at the forward/top of the panel, and hang on when it comes loose so it doesn't drop on the ground and get marked up. Oh, you have to raise the rear to clear the lock button before you can get it off completely. If you pull it with the button in the hole, you can break the clip that holds the lock button rod in position.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I get it..........pull off at the top/front raised lip and yank firmly. Lift rear of card to clear lock button & that's it!. Apply velcro and duct tape to EVERYTHING I can see and re-assemble.

The buzzing I have seems to be behind the reflector on the drivers door.......
Cheers for the info.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Actually, the key is the rear edge of the panel. Apparently, most fit with just enough gap between the panel and the door metal to produce a buzz due to vibration and/or air, so the felt tape part of the velcro dampens it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll post back with the result after I've attempted to fix it this weekend...........damn buzzing is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a buzzing noise coming from either the rear of my drivers door or the b piller. I can't stand all of the rattles any more and my dealer is useless. My car must have been in to the garage at least 10 times for rattles ! which I think is unacceptable for a car costing £14,000. I should have bought a Ford or Vauxhall and spent half that money.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Russell said:
I also have a buzzing noise coming from either the rear of my drivers door or the b piller. I can't stand all of the rattles any more and my dealer is useless. My car must have been in to the garage at least 10 times for rattles ! which I think is unacceptable for a car costing £14,000. I should have bought a Ford or Vauxhall and spent half that money.
A strip of felt tape (the fuzzy side of velcro tape) at the rear of each door panel really will make you feel better. I know the door panel buzzing is irritating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts