MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
DougMackinlay said:
Hello Just bought a Mini Cooper S would like to know the best way of tuning it without it effecting my warranty.Cheers

Congratulations and welcome to the MINI forums!

You will find this is a never ending discussion about which route to take. The more expensive factory kit that does not void your warranty, or the less expensive route that may void the warranty depending on what you do or how far you take it!

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
DougMackinlay said:
thanks mate I already know that but lookin for cheaper stuff that doesnt effect my warranty.cheers
People will typically start off with a Cold Air Intake and a good exhaust system. Depending on your dealership, most of them are okay with these addons since they typically have no chance of hurting the motor!

·
Registered
104 Posts
But.......it's still a matter of debate whether those two specific mods alone are going to improve your performance "significantly".........I'd think the cost of decent kit would outweigh the slight benefits?

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Max said:
Doug (same surname no relation?)

"Ah, Mr McKinlay, with the JCW Conversion?"

Normally I would be well pi$$ed with anyone who accused me of having a bog standard JCW S conversion (everyone has them these days :p ) but....>

I just bite my tongue and get tlc serviced or a warranted repair carried out :eek: ;) :D

regards Mac

Max :D :red:

fuggging hell Max, after all that you cower under the JCW umbrella...... :eek: :rolleyes:

I really should start phoning BMW/Mini and get them to realise that the system is being ABUSED by outsiders..... :rolleyes: :D

Welcome Doug.... don't get Max started about tunning - you don't wanna go there!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts