MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to the mini ( 16 reg. clubman) so please forgive me if this is a silly question. After watching video on YouTube I decided to try to put some songs on my hard drive. After inserting a usb stick ( with 30 mp3 ) the songs are recognised and are playable on the I drive but I can’t download them because the icon that you click on is missing, am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I’m new to the mini ( 16 reg. clubman) so please forgive me if this is a silly question. After watching video on YouTube I decided to try to put some songs on my hard drive. After inserting a usb stick ( with 30 mp3 ) the songs are recognised and are playable on the I drive but I can’t download them because the icon that you click on is missing, am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that was the video that I was using, but the icon he clicks on to download songs isn’t there on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replying but still missing the ability to download my songs. I’ve updated software but still no icon. Here’s a photo of song playing off the usb stick but no option to download.

·
Registered
994 Posts
OK, the next questions are

Does the system have internal storage (i.e HDD) as not all system have internal storage system?

Does the mp3's need to be in a specific bitrate to be able to transfer to internal storage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It probably hasn’t got a HDD, that would be the obvious answer but I assumed it had because I put new maps on the other day, they surely must be stored on a HDD.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If it has sat nav and no DVDs are used then I guess it'll be HDD based.

If you just recently purchased the car might be worth asking the dealers to show you. Hopefully they won't charge for this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll give a go when I can find another one. It’s very strange, some have had the same problem but not clear if they’ve overcome it or f they’ve just given up lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts