MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here so first off: hi all! Had my mini R56 S for a year now and I'm now in the love/hate phase of my relationship with it :)

I had the dreaded 2885 come on with half filled CEL and limp mode while driving today. Pulled the codes, cleared them and drove home while recording boost logs with my Bluetooth scanner. Still building up to 15PSI/1.03BAR at WOT 5.5/6K RPM, with no return of the light on my 10 mile journey home. One thing to note is that diverter valve pshh not as noticeable as once used to be, but could be warmer weather and less dense air or me spooking myself out, definitely still there after a good let off.

Would like to diagnose fault on my own (as all my money went into new calipers all round too recently). Where's the best place to start? If I'm building good boost as mentioned above, can I rule out boost leak?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just checked diverter valve & turbo inlet. DV looks brand new and turbine has no marks or play in shaft etc... Down to either a vacuum line or a wastegate issue I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts