MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had drive away locking enabled after the dealer saying
it can't be done.Having an alarm makes no difference.

Re-programmed at Sytner Solihull.

·
Registered
334 Posts
bizarre that your dealer didn't think it can be done... i'm sure it states quite clearly in the owner's book that it can be done!

does it also unlock automatically when you turn the engine off?

kjs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never noticed,but i will check it when i go out again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We had this feature programmed into Silbee while she was in for her first service a few weeks ago.

The doors lock when you reach a speed of approx 15mph and do not unlock until you pull the door handle twice., so no, they do not unlock when you turn the engine off.

We have covered what is and isn't available in another thread "Programming the MINI Computer" in this forum, and offered to send out people a copy of a printout that we got from a dealer friend.

We also had the comfort opening and the selective door unlocking programmed at the same time after being told that it couldn't be done.

Hope this helps,

Dodger

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i went into the dealer and gave him the computer list and he was like, where did you get this from, recommended he looks up Mini2 and learns the odd thing or too hehe!

settings should be programmed for next Fridays delivery

1 Week to go

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good idea to have all the settings changed, well not until the new software is released. I have spoken to a very good source and they told me the car can be programmed now but the software might not be able to handle it. Don't shoot me down, this is what i have found out. Be Warned.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
As I am one of many people whon aren't getting the on board computer, I was wondering weather or not this is available for cars without the onboard computer.

I'm gettin the Alarm fitted and wanted the doors to lock and for the comfort opening, but was told it wasn't available by Colins Favorite Dealer Ian Anthony.

So are the options for locking at 15mph and Comfot opening available for non-onboard computer, but alarmed cars.

Cos I want them if they are

·
Registered
546 Posts
Damian_Hardman said:
So are the options for locking at 15mph and Comfot opening available for non-onboard computer, but alarmed cars.
Yes. The three things - alarm, onboard 'puter and car memory - do not affect each other as far as I'm aware. The car memory is governed by an entirely different processor unit which all MINIs have got.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
it works regardless of whether you have the puter or the alarm

like to know where the info came from about overloading the software
we are not talking heavy duty commands now are we?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mini One

Hello

My Car went into the dealer for a few problems to be fixed and while I was there I asked if they could add the car locking at 15mph thing and the one click on key to open drivers door and not both doors. When I picked up the car they said these can only be programmed on the mini cooper and not the mini one. Where they telling porkie pies or is this the truth? Has anyone with a Mini One had any reprogramming done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts