MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea how to get rid of the noise?
i tried to spray wd-40 all over but the sound hasnt gone away,
any one know how to fix this without taking it in to mini 'again'?

·
enjoying it fully
60 Posts
allo!,

yeah i had this with my 4 month old MCS, on the way home from work one afternoon,

every time i hit a slight bump in the road and my weight shifted in the seat i got a squeak,

highly annoying! any way i tturned out to be the plastic trim on the seat rubbing against the palstic trim fitted to the seat rails because i had the seat lowered as far as it could go, the texture on the trim had worn away and a shiny mark was left , hence the squeak .

so try raising your seat a couple mm !
worked for me good luck!

leigh

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
I've tried everything except pulling the seats apart. My solution to the problem (I suspect..) is losing weight - I am 90kg but when my 60kg brother sits there, the noise isn't there no matter how bumpy the road is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dairyboy said:
I've tried everything except pulling the seats apart. My solution to the problem (I suspect..) is losing weight - I am 90kg but when my 60kg brother sits there, the noise isn't there no matter how bumpy the road is.
ive gotta lose 25kgs to get rid of this noise?
lol
sounds impossible!
hahaha

thanks anyways
ill try put some sort of material in the between so it doesnt rub against each other

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
It's not the seat rail that cause the noise, we tracked the noise to the middle of the seat where it's flexible.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I had the same problem, mentioned it to the dealer at the first service and they knew exactly what to lubricate, fixed now :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
There's a thread around here that says what to do. Basicaly, slide the seat all the way foreward, tilt it all the way up, and then push the release like you were going to get in the back seat. If you lay on the back seat, you can see under the drivers seat and spray some penetrating lubricant on the metal ball joints on either side of the seat bottom. I did it once and it ended 2 years of squeeks :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kapps said:
There's a thread around here that says what to do. Basicaly, slide the seat all the way foreward, tilt it all the way up, and then push the release like you were going to get in the back seat. If you lay on the back seat, you can see under the drivers seat and spray some penetrating lubricant on the metal ball joints on either side of the seat bottom. I did it once and it ended 2 years of squeeks :D

thanks buddy, ill give it a try and let u know how it goes!

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
kapps said:
Thanks, I'll have to try that because my dealer has been useless and it is driving me nuts. OK, so that isn't very far :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had the same problem the lubrication didn't work so they replaced the driver seat front squab which has solved the problem (admittedly they broke the frame whilst replacing the front squab but heh ho!!)

Regards
Christopher

1 - 10 of 10 Posts