MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Mini Cooper D hatch

A few days ago my driver side speakers both stopped working and the left side now has an odd noise as if there is way too much bass coming from the large speaker. Both these issues came over night so I'm unsure of what could have caused them.

I made sure that all the settings on the radio were correct which they were and also checked the fuses for the radio to see if any had blown, both were fine so no issue there. I have heard there is an amplifier fuse somewhere which may be the cause of the issue but I have not been able to find out where it is.

Does anyone know what the issue could be or where the amplifier fuse is so I could check it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 Mini Cooper R50
49 Posts
No idea on the fuse but the same happened to me on my 02 r50... my passenger speaker started making weird “fatty” noises when music was playing, then packed up 2 days after... then the drivers one done the same!!

I popped the door card off to discover the outer ring of my speakers had disintegrated!!!

you can either buy a standard set or buy adapter plates to put aftermarket ones in... or as mine were knackered I cut the centers out of the housing and screwed aftermarket ones into the old speaker frames...

hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just getting ready to call a garage to fix it but now i will try this first. I will take off the door panel tomorrow to check the condition of the speakers.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts