MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has already been asked - every term i search by talks about broken widows motors which this definitely isn't.

I have a 2005 Cooper whose window 'whistles' whenever she goes over 65 mph (living in the city you'd be surprised how infrequent this is).

The sound is coming from the front top corner of the window, and most of the time i had assumed the issue was due to a bad seal at that point but the other day i finally noticed that there is play in the glass at the front end of the window, like it is not correctly fixed to it's part of the mechanism. The pane kind of pivots a little on rear bottom corner, giving about half an inch of play at the font end of the pane, which is where the 'whilstle' comes from, as that part of the pane is not actually reaching the seal. Obviously i can 'fix' it by pushing the front end of the pane up the half inch every time i close it.

Note that this is nothing to do with the half inch drop / raise of the pane when the door opens / closes - this still happens just fine, and the problem described here can be seen / experienced regardless of the up / down position of the pane.

I know the fix for this will be to take whole door apart but has anyone else come across this before and tell me what to look out for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You probably just need to "reset" the window. I believe, with the door closed, lower the window all the way down and hold the button for a few (10?)seconds, then wind it all the way up and hold the button for 10 seconds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts