MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R56 2007 Cooper S

My cable has almost snapped on OS window regulator and needs replacing... My window is down about 3 inches and won't go up any further. The cable was stripping and getting tangled. The rest of the regulator is fine, (expect maybe the two bolts holding in the glass want replacing). Can I get a repair kit? Or use a kit from another car to replace the steel cable? I can't even seem to find any OS regulators for sale. Really great time for this to happen... Seems I fix one problem and then another pops up.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
i've done them both ways and replacing the cables is a proper faff and some kits the cables are not right length and cause issues,, easy option fit new regulator complete not to much money for secondhand hand,,
new below

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done them both ways and replacing the cables is a proper faff and some kits the cables are not right length and cause issues,, easy option fit new regulator complete not to much money for secondhand hand,,
new below
Thank you for the reply. I thought it would be quite difficult to replace the cables. I also noticed these mini regulators are much more expensive than other vehicles. I've ordered a second hand regulator, luckily I've already stripped the door.. That was a challenge in itself. The window bolts didn't want to come out. Hopefully by the end of the week I might be able to close my window again!

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I thought it would be quite difficult to replace the cables. I also noticed these mini regulators are much more expensive than other vehicles. I've ordered a second hand regulator, luckily I've already stripped the door.. That was a challenge in itself. The window bolts didn't want to come out. Hopefully by the end of the week I might be able to close my window again!
its very common with age and water etc these windows gets stiff in the runners and this extra load on cables and motor hurts them over time,, bare in mind a motor when it is held in a fixed position becomes a dead to earth short ,, also on first start up a motor is a dead short ie max amps through the system,, silicon lubricant spray the runners a good move some grease on cables and roller wheels good idea when putting back together

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the advice. I've got some silicon lubricant spray and will make sure everything runs smooth. I'll take care with the motor too. Just hope no new problems pop up when it's fixed. Seems I've spent more time fixing problems than enjoying my mini so far

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
its the
Thanks again for the advice. I've got some silicon lubricant spray and will make sure everything runs smooth. I'll take care with the motor too. Just hope no new problems pop up when it's fixed. Seems I've spent more time fixing problems than enjoying my mini so far
thing is no cars these days are built to last much past the warranty 4 wheeled money pits the lot of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts